Bridgerton (Netflix 1800s gossipy soap)

Jark

User
out TODAY.

produced by Shonda Rhymes under her new Netflix deal, getting great reviews (Metacritic 76) and variously described as Gossip Girl in the 1800s and "Jane Austen meets Scandal meets The Favourite".

looks good. I think I'll give this a go tomorrow when I'm cradling my baby bump and crying.

Reactions: ZZ
most important reason to watch, which I forgot to mention - features British homosexual sex god Jonathan Bailey in a lead role

But yes I’ll probably watch this because what else am I going to do for the next TWO WEEKS!

Reactions: SDF
Oh loved episode one of this shit and Mr Bailey was looking amaze (well apart from the distracting sideburns)

Finished the first episode and it’s a bit long winded and not half as campy as I was expecting. Also there are so many characters, I can’t tell them apart.

Finished the first episode and it’s a bit long winded and not half as campy as I was expecting. Also there are so many characters, I can’t tell them apart.

It definitely looked campier from the trailer. I still enjoyed though.

And Polly Walker (especially in the feathered yellow nightgown) :disco:

Hun you don’t need to give us a blow by blow, type it all down and do it in one post.

Meanwhile, I'm liking Lady Portia Featherington. I've looked at the actress's IMDB, but I'm guessing she must just remind me of someone rather than me knowing her from something.

This is heavily filmed in Bath, isn't it? If it's got that and Jonathan Bailey's arse, I'm very much in.

I have just seen that the female lead is the daughter of Sally Webster from Coronation Street.

This is heavily filmed in Bath, isn't it? If it's got that and Jonathan Bailey's arse, I'm very much in.

I'm five episodes in and regret to inform that it seems to be very much frontloaded in terms of JB's arse exposure.

:D at the dialogue in the big episode five sex scene:

'I want to show you more'
'This may hurt a moment...'

anyone else guessed the identity of Lady Whistledown halfway through the first episode? :eyes:

which is fortunate as that is as long as I'll get with this rubbish!

Reactions: SDF
I watched all of it yesterday :D

I didn't think we were going to get a Lady Whistledown reveal already.

Jonathan Bailey's arc with the opera singer seemed a bit underdeveloped, they could have cut some of the endless scenes with Sally Jr and the Duke ignoring each other. I assume that the next season may have a different focus for the lead storyline.

It seemed like they were teasing gaying it up for the artsy, sensitive middle brother (who looked quite like JB minus the facial hair) but that has come to nowt thus far.

[sighs tremendously]

This is jolly good fun. Can't believe I only have 3 episodes left. I may watch it all again! It's basically all icing and not much sponge.

Finished!
I do love that the EMOTIONAL and DRAMATIC climax to the whole story is the Duchess having a LOAD BLOWN INSIDE HER. I can only my own story ends MUCH THE SANE WAY!

I kinda gave up after episode 3, it’s too dull and straight. Also the actors are some of the most boring ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom