Britney - Glory

You don't got to say it, I know that I'm worthy

• Total voters
Were they not?

I know that a lot of the heavy lifting in 'Toxic' is Cathy Dennis but that was ages ago...

I thought the issue with Britney Jean was the autotune (cue Orbit's fabulously embittered move of leaking her original vocals) and not that they weren't her?
No, this was on another level. Apparently the only two songs which are confirmed to be all her are Perfume and Don’t Cry. Everything else has Myah Marie heavily backing her/blended with her vocals or Myah singing entire verses (see the second verse of Body Ache or the “you are the light of my beautiful life” bits after the first chorus in Brightest Morning Star or the middle 8 in Passenger).

No, this was on another level. Apparently the only two songs which are confirmed to be all her are Perfume and Don’t Cry. Everything else has Myah Marie heavily backing her/blended with her vocals or Myah singing entire verses (see the second verse of Body Ache or the “you are the light of my beautiful life” bits after the first chorus in Brightest Morning Star or the middle 8 in Passenger).
:agog:

Although I'm still not sure if this is enough for me to want to listen to the whole album again :argh:

My Britney Spears top ten on 10th May 2020:

1. Toxic
2. Piece of Me
3. Baby One More Time
4. I'm a Slave 4 U
5. Till the World Ends
6. Breathe on Me
7. Stronger
8. Break the Ice
9. Overprotected
10. I Wanna Go

(11. Everytime)
(12. Lonely)
(13. You Drive Me Crazy (Stop! Remix))
(14. Gimme More)

Say what you want about her weak and non-existing vocals, but they she sounds unique and fragile and melancholic which gives her basic music a certain ”depth”.
I get your what you're saying (and Imma let you finish), and I think that worked very well on 'Everytime' for example - but for me, I just don't think she can get away with it for an entire album when she's decades into her recording career... #NOTSORRY

1. Before The Goodbye
2. Stronger
3. I’m A Slave 4 U
4. Coupure Electrique
5. I Wanna Go
6. Toxic
7. Oops I Did It Again
8. Breathe On Me
9. Break The Ice
10.Toy Soldier

Because it was 2016, wasn’t it? Or have I got that wrong too?

Years are so complicated nowadays when everything just seems like it was a couple of months ago. :(

The best songs on Glory are Invitation, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) and If I'm Dancing :disco: they all tried something a bit new for her to varying degrees, and it paid off

Liar is also clearly not her AT ALL

I reckon I can manage a Brit Brit top 10

01 Toxic
02 Piece of Me
03 Early Mornin'
04 ...Baby
05 Me Against the Music
06 Stronger
07 How I Roll
08 Blur
09 Breathe On Me
10 Unusual You

Special mentions
Everytime
He About to Lose Me
Oops!
Scary
Shattered Glass
Slumber Party

Glory is like the opposite of Femme Fatale, which had vertiginous highs for singles, but a lot of subpar album tracks. Glory's singles were not at all my cup of tea, but there are a lot great "deep cuts" on this album: Clumsy, Just Like Me, Do You Wanna Come Over, Hard to Forget Ya, If I'm Dancing.

But why no one is talking about the pinnacle of the Glory era that is LIAR I will never know. She's in my Britney Top 15, and let's face it, that's no mean feat given her Imperial back cat.

Britney herself is not present in about 6 tracks off that album :D Naturally, it is HER in Work Bitch & Perfume though

AND while I WAIT
I put on my perfume
Yeah, I want it all over YOU
I'm gonna MARK my Terry ToR RRie
:disco:

Last edited:
I love "Coupure Electrique" - and yes of course it is by far the best thing on Glory.

I always had it down as some sort of interlude!

Yeah, that song is really cool, I'm a big fan of Lana Del Rey and she was my main inspiration for this song, really cool and hip yeah :)

I always had it down as some sort of interlude!

Yeah, that song is really cool, I'm a big fan of Lana Del Rey and she was my main inspiration for this song, really cool and hip yeah :)
I loved the Oops! era interview when she was all, "yeah this album is edgier and cooler than the first one, yeah really cool and edgy yeah :) "

Last edited:
OOH YES

1. In The Zone
2. Blackout
3. Circus
4. Femme Fatale
5. Britney
6. Glory
7. Oops I Did It Again
8. Baby One More Time
9. Britney Jean
This is pretty much perfect. I struggle between flipping 4 and 5 but the Femme Fatale singles really are phenomenal. Although if we include bonus tracks "I Run Away" and "Before the Goodbye" might JUST make up the difference.

The best songs on Glory are Invitation, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) and If I'm Dancing :disco: they all tried something a bit new for her to varying degrees, and it paid off
Love these , plus "Do You Wanna Come Over" and "Just Love Me" is a MOOD.

Britney herself is not present in about 6 tracks off that album :D Naturally, it is HER in Work Bitch & Perfume though

AND while I WAIT
I put on my perfume
Yeah, I want it all over YOU
I'm gonna MARK my Terry To RRy
:disco:
"Work Bitch" is also largely not her :D

I think she has the spoken bits only.

Britney Top 10 - 2020 Edition

1. Toxic
2. ...Baby One More Time
3. Breathe on Me
4. Work Bitch
5. Everytime
6. Break the Ice
7. I'm a Slave 4 U
8. Till the World Ends
9. Circus
10. Don't Let Me be the Last to Know :shy:

"Work Bitch" is also largely not her :D

I think she has the spoken bits only.

I was AGOG when I also found out the british accent bits in Scream & Shout is not Britney either, I mean honestly that was a bit daft on my end but STILL.

I was AGOG when I also found out the british accent bits in Scream & Shout is not Britney either, I mean honestly that was a bit daft on my end but STILL.
Now this is news to me! So is "It's Britney Bitch" the only element that's her :D And from five years prior

Now this is news to me! So is "It's Britney Bitch" the only element that's her :D And from five years prior

Tulisa Contostavlos has spoken out for the first time after winning her legal battle against Will.i.am and Britney Spears over the 2012 song ‘Scream and Shout’.

Contostavlos claimed she co-wrote the No.1 song and was planning to include it on her album ‘The Female Boss’, under the name ‘I Don’t Give A Fuck’. However, Will.i.am’s producers reportedly didn’t like the original version and the Black Eyed Peas singer later released it as a collaboration with Britney Spears.

Earlier this year, Contostavlos successfully sued Will.i.am after the song was released and the rapper admitted at the time that “Tulisa wrote to that song before I did – this is the truth. But the producers of the beat … didn’t want her to have it”. She is now credited as a writer on the track.

Not only did the court case revealed that Contostavlos’ vocals were still on the song alongside Britney Spears, but now Contostavlos will also gain 10% of the world wide publishing rights and income for the record.

Who knew that Scream and Shout has kept Tulisa’s local ice cream van in business for years

What a queen supporting local businesses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom