Britney Spears Singles Survivor - Free Britney Edition R4

HEYYYYY BRITNEYYYYYYYYYY (VOTE TO ELIMINATE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
VOTE TO ELIMINATE

6YN1.gif

Sad to see If U Seek Amy and Me Against the Music go :(

21. Scream & Shout (10 votes, 27.8%)
21. Sometimes (10 votes, 27.8%)
23. If U Seek Amy (14 votes, 38.9%)
23. Me Against the Music (14 votes, 38.9%)
25. Radar (18 votes, 41.7%)
26. Anticipating (19 votes, 52.8%)
27. Boys (23 votes, 63.9%)

28. Do Somethin' (9 votes, 30%)
29. 3 (10 votes, 33%)
=30. I'm Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman (11 votes, 36.7%)
=30. My Prerogative (11 votes, 36.7%)
=30. Outrageous (11 votes, 36.7%)
=33. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know (15 votes, 50%)
=33. Make Me (15 votes, 50%)
=33. Slumber Party (15 votes; 50%)
=36. Mood Ring (6 votes; 35.3%)
=36. Perfume (6 votes; 35.3%)
=36. Tom's Diner (6 votes; 35.3%)
39. Swimming in the Stars (7 votes; 41.2%)
=40. And Then We Kiss (8 votes; 47.1%)
=40. I Love Rock 'N Roll (8 votes; 47.1%)
42. Someday (I Will Understand) (9 votes; 52.9%)
=43. From the Bottom of My Broken Heart (10 votes; 58.8%)
=43. Matches (10 votes; 58.8%)
=43. Ooh La La (10 votes; 58.8%)
46. Pretty Girls (14 votes; 82.4%)

Anticipating is as easy breezy as they come, even if much of the appeal was letting some pop air in among the RnB thrush of Boys, the Justin trash and Slave as well as the Max Martin structures that were, Overprotected aside, losing oomph for me. Still a nicely curated curate's egg album though: the Cherthquaking Before The Goodbye, the slop of When I Found You and let me Mel Beh rnb of Let Me Be.

I voted for the stuff Circus onwards (with the exception of Criminal and Work Bash), not because they are bad, but because they can't compare to the majesty of the BOMT-through-Blackout singles.

Last edited:
Shame for Amy, but pleasantly surprised Me Against The Music made mid-table given it’s so often derided.

Pretty impressive that all four Femme Fatale single made it this far, but yeah "Hold it Against Me" is the weakest link for me at this point. But I mean it did invent dubstep :shock:

I never got the Break The Ice love I'm afraid! I know it's always been very popular on here but there are non-singles on Blackout that I much prefer to it (especially Toy Soldier 😍)

Those voting for Born, Stronger and Overprotected to be tried for criminal negligence.

I am always surprised by the fawning over Stronger. Its good, but its not one of her best

I may have voted (deliberately) for BTI to go last round, but if I did it's because I forgot it's one of her most compelling vocals. Still waiting on that part 2 - the cartoon had potential!

I am always surprised by the fawning over Stronger. Its good, but its not one of her best

At the time I didn’t think it matched it’s similar sister tracks, but it’s hands down the one of those Max Martin tracks I would choose every time to listen to. It’s aged so well.

"Stronger" is also elevated by her delivery. And that final bridge into the chorus. And that self-reference to BOMT. It should've been even bigger at the time than it was, but I agree with Devil it is retrospectively one of her best Max moments.

that makes sense pop tarts. gonna give it another listen and watch.

"Stronger" is also elevated by her delivery. And that final bridge into the chorus. And that self-reference to BOMT. It should've been even bigger at the time than it was, but I agree with Devil it is retrospectively one of her best Max moments.
And the video!!! One of her best.

Oh yes from the ‘here I go’ drop out and then the slam back in (in a higher key?) of STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY, the last 90 second on the song is literally on another level :disco:

OK Halli got it wrong, ESP in HINDSIGHT

*Still bursts out into Lucky*

Here’s me waiting until it’s whittled down enough to mostly Britney songs I know :D:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom