Britney's court testimony on the conservatorship

I seriously don't understand how this is legal. It's also scary that this group of people who obviously benefit from this arrangement are equipped with the ability and seemingly right, to impose behaviour changing medication on her. Which basically means that if they want her to appear crazy in an evaluation they can force it on her.

Also why does she have to put up with doctors, medicines and therapy chosen by the conservatory. Aren't there social services in the US and if there are shouldn't they be involved instead?

this is disgusting. that fucking woman judge wasn't moved enough even to move for some kind of change in circumstances?

this is a disgrace. what are we going to DO?

Isn’t this not based on her testimony the other day and something else? The testimony and that part of the petition hasn’t been decided yet.

It's to remove him as a conservator. Pretty sure the Judge can use any grounds she wants to terminate his involvement, including her testimony from last week. But the actual petition to terminate the conservatorship itself is still to be decided.

Isn’t this not based on her testimony the other day and something else? The testimony and that part of the petition hasn’t been decided yet.
Yes I haven’t been following closely but read this on the BBC:

However, the judge cannot make a ruling based on her statement until she files a formal petition to terminate the arrangement.
The documents filed on Wednesday refer only to the November request, in which Spears asked for the private wealth management firm the Bessemer Trust to be appointed as her "sole conservator".

The trust has asked to be removed from the conservatorship as apparently they thought it was voluntary on Britney's part.

This could imply that perhaps they're worried about sth bigger coming up next now that the shit hit the fan and the akwardness of all this is so visible, it could be more than them distancing themselves from a scandal otherwise why would they need to also excuse themselves with justifications about their involvement so far?

Elizabeth Warren also has released a statement on this. Who knew Britney Spears was the issue that would bring America back together

I didn't know the context of the stretcher story.

Larry Rudolph has resigned as her manager. Everyone is jumping ship now to disassociate themselves with the conservatorship.

Last edited:
"Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Ingham is extremely upset at Britney's statement in court ... that she never knew she could end the conservatorship. We're told Ingham regularly gave Britney options, including requesting that the conservatorship should end, but she never wanted to pull the plug."

the (very in depth, hour long read) Ronan Farrow piece about the whole thing includes sources claiming that Ingham, the lawyer, withheld info from Britney and joked about doing so in court. I don't BUY that he's VERY UPSET.

very much worth some bedtime reading.

while this seems like good news, how will she be represented going forward / until the conservatorship ends?
I don't remember if I've read it in that article or somewhere else, but I think the court will have to provide her representation if she doesn't have any, in any case it's not like she can't afford to have one but the whole thing of treating her as a person with no human and legal rights complexes everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom