Brookside

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
is Anna Friel the most successful British soap export? she's worked plenty in the US as well as on UK TV. even the likes of Kat Kelly and Suranne Jones never made that jump.

Letitia Dean could have, naturally, but she wasn't bothered darling.

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
is Anna Friel the most successful British soap export? she's worked plenty in the US as well as on UK TV. even the likes of Kat Kelly and Suranne Jones never made that jump.

Letitia Dean could have, naturally, but she wasn't bothered darling.

Poor Martine was so close :(

Fit Peter Beale seems to be doing alright for himself.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Is it better to get the odd part on a US show nobody watches, or to be the queen of British prestige TV?

If the latter, I'd say Sarah Lancashire edges Anna Friel for post-Soap success.

jyxz

User
In my mid 90s drug induced psychosis period.... I honestly thought that Brookside writers were writing about me. This was during the cult era with Simon and Terry.

Not a happy time to be quite honest

Semi hilariously, I now live about a mile away from the actual Brookside Close!

Plus - the best ever thing about Brookie was definitely Julia Brogan.
Everton mints!

I did visit the close once obviously way after it became a residential street, for some reason I envisioned armed guards telling me to turn back but it was fine.

I remember Fat Friends. It came after his Hollyoaks stint, but he still had to play fourth fiddle to GAYNOR FAYE of all folk

Incredibly, Wikipedia suggests that Family Affairs AXED Idris Elba rather than Idris Elba axing Family Affairs.

Jark

oh I used to like Fat Friends. it was a bit in that Cold Feet / At Home With the Braithwaites* / Life Begins** hearty "normal people" dramedy mould that used to dominate British TV.

*amazing
**i own the season 1 DVD

Jark

I suppose with Last Tango in Halifax you could say this genre still lives although that is darker

Jark

despite a regrettable transition into general "TV personality" at some point about a decade ago, Caroline Quentine was a FABULOUS dramatic actor.

(apologies for straying from Brookside but I have nothing to say about that)

Jennifer Ellison was probably one of Brookside’s most famed exports for reasons that fit more with her era: lads’ mags, reality TV, pop career.

Claire Sweeney managed a few other roles before she landed on 60 Minute Makeover didn’t she?

Reactions: COB

Rita

User
What about MICHELLE COLLINS? She used to be on EVERYTHING at one point after she left Eastenders.

Rita

User
Yes I know she wasn’t in Brookside, but I also didn’t watch that.

cwej

User
Who the hell did Idris Elba play in Family Affairs? I was an avid viewer from straight after their MASSIVE disaster where they killed off the ENTIRE main cast (bar two I think). The Hart family gone... just like that.

I remember having a VHS of a special story involving the Corkhills and maybe Sue Johnston again. I think it was either a video exclusive or an after 10pm story that they couldn't show at the normal time. I don't remember anything about it at all though.

cwej

User
It's incredible that Family Affairs managed to limp on for 2300 episodes. Eldorado only managed 160.

trying to figure out who in my life is a Texas fan (nobody), a Brookside fan (nobody) and also a combination of the two (ultra-nobody) :eyes:
HOW RUDE

I'm buzzing to see you again my dear. Thanks for the warm welcome ALL x

Just watched the JORDACHES ON THE RUN episodes on youtube

Absolutely fantastic x

(didnt mean to bump this, soz x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom