Bruce Springsteen

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
After I found that he had written Because the Night a few days ago, I've been starting to explore Bruce Springsteen a bit. I've known the big hits but didn't give him much time in the past. I guess as a kid I saw him as dad rock. I listened to The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Band a couple of time yesterday and enjoyed it it. I LOVE 4th of July Asbury Park (Sandy) and Incident on 57th Street.

The only songs of his I listen to regularly are the singles from Born In The USA, and Hello Sunshine recently. I want to get more into him so I think I'll listen to his albums in order. He really has influenced a lot of music I, particularly the Killers

The cover of Fire by the Pointer Sisters is AMAZING, as is Pink Cadillac by Natalie Cole

I love love love Born in the USA as an album- the 80s power pop rock vibe is totally my thing- and it’s just wall to wall singles, but I also love The River as an album in a much more understated way.

He went off a cliff mostly in the late 80s for me, but I don’t think I’ve investigated enough to know a lot beyond the singles from the later years.

Also, he’s a big supporter of the gays, so that’s nice.

I’ve investigated more since falling in love with Sam Fender, who is basically Bruce reincarnated for a 20s audience.

I like his more Dancing In The Dark stuff when it’s more of a pop rock new wave mash up. And his more gritty Americana stuff. Not into the heavier stadium rock stuff.

Oh yeah he has definitely damaged some of his base by coming out in attack of many Republican and Trumpian rulings and ideologies. He doesn’t hold back. Nice work

Quite famously a friend of Obama.

I'm not familiar with his work beyond the BIG HITS but I like everything I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom