Bruno Mars launches new band Silk Sonic

Ahhh! :disco: I am such a sucker for this kinda sound. Anderson Paak is so fucking phenomenal.

I do appreciate this smooth seventies soul lushness. Like the song a lot, though Bruno is acting up in that video, doing the absolute most possible while sitting down.

Presumably it’s just me who thinks he looks like he has a taste for rape?

There's a rumor that the upcoming album will have a collaboration with MARIAH @dUb @Pipo

Drake, HER and partynextdoor also rumored

Last edited:
"Smokin' out the Window" is wonderful. I still find him kinda cringet cuz he thinks he's the first person ever to sample the 70s, but I've definitely got time for it.

it's just the same as the others!

I don't hate it but Bruno's sound is pretty watered down these days.

I like it more than Skate but less than Leave The Door Open. It does sound like a song a computer would write if it was told to write a Bruno Mars song. But its been rising on US Spotify again and is number one now so clearly the public are feeling it.

Doing really well on YouTube as well.

I think the album is going to do well.

After a slow start “Smokin’” has propelled into this midweek’s Top 10. Two other album tracks have charted also - I assume this is #3 behind Taylor and Little Mix in the albums midweeks?

Oh turns out it’s #10! :o

I can understand it maybe missing top 5 given the new releases from Taylor, LM and Rod Stewart, plus Sheeran and ABBA, but to be behind new releases from
Damon Albarn and Idles and the Kylie reboot is a bit of a disappointment.

I mean, who really needs a whole album of this throwback elevator muzak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom