BURIAL

Zu

User
Numerous internet ingrates are complaining about this new EP and "cheesy synth presets" (like there's anything wrong with THEM!), but I think that this track is TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL AND SIMPLY SPECTACULAR :weed:

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean not that that's a SURPRISE given this is Burial but this might be the greatest thing he's done since, well, LAST TIME

Someone put this in his impending collaboration with Avicii and Jessie J NOW (or direct me to a purchase link; it is 4am and I'm too drunk and lazy to source such things for MYSELF)

Any new Burial is welcome although I'm not sure this is up there with the best. HOWEVER i'm yet to hear it wile heavily intoxicated, through headphones or while feeling gloomy so it's all rather irrelevant at this stage.

Marvellous! Burial is quite amazing and always utterly perfect winter music.

COLD WET RAINY LATE ALONE are the states of mind required to really make this stuff work.

The bugger always releases in winter...

Anyway, not buying this until it appears on other platforms - £4.99 for 3 MP3s? Piss off.

Not checked it yet, I never really fell into the Burial love affair the first time round. The stuff done with Thom Yorke and Four Tet is gold though.

OMG it's now almost EIGHT YEARS since 'Untrue' came out (although of course there has been much delicious miserableness since then, apart from that last single perhaps) and we're all going to be dead before we know it. Never mind, here's a cheery PICK ME UP FOR FANS

Quite honestly I find this one absolutely devastating

I said ONCE UPON A TIME it was you that I adored :(

QUITE! I come near to pulling myself together but then the DON'T BE AFRAIDS kick in and oh look I'm POURING ANOTHER THIRD OF A WINE BOTTLE into the mug I use to throw my piss out of the window

OT: for CROSS-PLATFORM PROMOTION I imagine if I were ever in a This War of Mine scenario my daily playlist would be exclusively Burial

QUITE! I come near to pulling myself together but then the DON'T BE AFRAIDS kick in and oh look I'm POURING ANOTHER THIRD OF A WINE BOTTLE into the mug I use to throw my piss out of the window

:D

Oh the SQUALID, DISGUSTING ABYSS OF LOVE

I had a phase of mournfully humming the chords in the bath. It SHREDDED me

NEW SINGLE ALERT

I'm not QUITE sure how I feel about Burial's new one, although I like 'Nightmarket' much more than 'Young Death'. Dare I say that it's all getting a bit SAME OLD?

The synths are great, very early autechre/plaid, but the stop starts get a bite TEDIOUS and all the vocal samples are completely UNNECESSARY. I know it's hardly in the spirit of the whole thing, but a crushing techno remix of the track would be SOMETHING TO BEHOLD.

Last edited:
The synths are great, very early autechre/plaid, but the stop starts get a bite TEDIOUS and all the vocal samples are completely UNNECESSARY. I know it's hardly in the spirit of the whole thing, but a crushing techno remix of the track would be SOMETHING TO BEHOLD.

QUITE!

I do love the synths but GENERALLY... :boring:

Speaking of Autechre, am gutted that the South Bank show sold out before I got round to buying a ticket :argh:

Endorphin is still the most creepy track I've heard in all my years.

If that is creepy then you have not heard MUCH. Sit down with some Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Vol II for a start.

Anyhow the new stuff wasn't that good.

STILL am and probably FOREVER WILL BE waiting for this:

I read a review which suggested that listening to the WAV of that last single revealed hidden depths but I couldn't even be bothered. I rather fear that the years of greatness may be over. Still, they WERE totally fucking incredible and provided a soundtrack to my life that I never even realised I lacked. BEYOND COMPARE

I think it's a bit too soon to say it's over. Afterall just before Nightmarket he had this JEWEL with my FAVE electronic artist ZOMBY:disco:

IMPROMPTU BURIAL ZEHN

1. Come Down To Us - Where do you even BEGIN with this? With ANY of them? I mean FUCKING HELL! The chords! The EVERYTHING!
2. In McDonalds :(:(:( Really, this one utterly shreds me (see also: most of the following)
3. NYC
4. Forgive - Oh God help me, THIS one :(
5. Dog Shelter
6. Archangel
7. Street Halo
8. Near Dark
9. Night Bus
10. Rival Dealer

Just SUPERLATIVE

I did actually buy that Zomby album but for some reason iTunes wouldn't recognise the track names on the CD so I threw a strop and didn't burn it :evil:

Just WHERE is Distant Lights? Truant? Shutta? U Hurt Me? My God we are not worthy of him. I wouldn't be able to rank any of it. It's all too precious.

I did actually buy that Zomby album but for some reason iTunes wouldn't recognise the track names on the CD so I threw a strop and didn't burn it :evil:

Ooooh! You mean you didn't rip it? I still don't own it. I'm thinking of getting the vinyl. It's not my favorite from him at all though. That would be With Love.

Just WHERE is Distant Lights? Truant? Shutta? U Hurt Me? My God we are not worthy of him. I wouldn't be able to rank any of it. It's all too precious.

:disco: Well this is true. They're my ten GO TO tracks but I'm more than willing to crawl on my hands and knees around Woolwich (or grim continental equivalent - somewhere grotty in Berlin or any of those places in Kieślowski's 'Dekalog' would do very nicely) at dead of night (weeping without end obviously) to anything by him

Ooooh! You mean you didn't rip it? I still don't own it. I'm thinking of getting the vinyl. It's not my favorite from him at all though. That would be With Love.

:D Oh yes. Rip NOT burn!

You sure do WEEP a lot. Are you suffering from depression like me?:disco: Except I don't weep anymore. I just STARE.

Utterly fabulous. However, I can't believe we have 30 replies on moopy for a Burial thread. Maybe there are still pockets of COOL.

I'm quite lazy and I've had "Young Death" on my Bandcamp wishlist for what feels like an eon.

How on earth have I lived without THIS for the last six years?

I realised that I only had a poxy 256 AAC of 'Young Death' / 'Nightmarket' and indeed the WAV turns out to be somewhat more engaging if not exactly a career highlight

Some music really is quite badly affected by mps/aac etc compression. I'm a FLAC girl these days.

I remember when I first heard a 256 mp3 through my amp (admittedly from a really terrible old phone so it was never going to fly, and it might have even been a 192 from 7digital :zombie:). I thought that I suddenly hated music and that my life was ruined forever :(

I've been kind of getting into vinyl these days but I'm conflicted. I do like the idea of the RITUAL, the artwork, owning a physical copy but the sound of it? Not so sure. Technically digital IS superior without the cracks and pops and surface noise etc. But Burial I would imagine is the perfect artist to listen on vinyl. Need to order the albums ASAP.

We have BRAND NEW Burial.

Kristen-Wiig-crying-fan-girl1.gif

Subtemple / Beachfires

Reactions: Zu
OH MY GOOD GOD :disco:

Dare I? Is it better than the last effort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom