Céline Dion - That's The Way It Is

THERE'S NO EASY WAY OUT

• Total voters

Jark

User
isn't this song such a TIMELESS CLASSIC?

I feel it's a bit overlooked, but that period of about 4 years at the turn of the century where she was scoring pop smashes left right and centre was quite delightful, and this is the apex of it. effortless and joyful.

impromptu top 5 (my Céline knowledge has many a gap)

01 Taking Chances
02 That's The Way It Is
03 I Drove All Night
04 Unison
05 I'm Alive / A New Day Has Come

Last edited:
1. It's All Coming Back to Me Now
2. Pour que tu m'aimes encore
3. That's The Way It Is (10/10)
4. To Love You More
5. Think Twice
6. A New Day Has Come
7. Falling Into You
8. My Heart Will Go On
9. Where Does My Heart Beat Now
10. Loved Me Back to Life or Taking Chances

1. It's All Coming Back to Me Now
2. Pour que tu m'aimes encore
3. That's The Way It Is (10/10)
4. To Love You More
5. Think Twice
6. A New Day Has Come
7. Falling Into You
8. My Heart Will Go On
9. Where Does My Heart Beat Now
10. Loved Me Back to Life or Taking Chances
Very similar to mine. I think I'd only take out your no.1

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Not in my top 10 but still a solid 10/10

1. It's All Coming Back To Me Now
2. A New Day Has Come
3. Think Twice
4. I Drove All Night
5. All By Myself
6. I Don't Know
7. Loved Me Back To Life
8. Treat Her Like A Lady
9. Falling Into You
10. Seduces Me / If That's What It Takes

1. Pour Que Tu M’aimes Encore
2. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now
3. A New Day Has Come
4 Je Crois Toi
5. That’s The Way It Is
6. S’il N’en Restait Qu’une
7. Je Sais Pas
8. Falling Into You
9. I’m Your Angel (SORRY NON-PAEDOS)
10. I Drove All Night (The Dancier Version)

And I’m agog that anyone (sorry @Iguana ) actually likes “I Don’t Know”, but then the majesty of the French original smacks so hard that I can’t think of anything beyond that.

Anyway this song is very good but not her best, it’s a bit generically good Max Martin for me.

Not the level of iconiqueness of Falling into You’s singles, or A New Day Has Come (the single)

DO YOU KNOW I take for granted that I’m not really a Celine fan and then I realise I like more songs than I think I do.

I often forget the names of some of the songs though because I don’t listen to her much. But the Falling Into You album is such a surprising treat every time it pops on.

I had to do a search but the modern Celine song I prefer is “Loved Me Back To Life”

She rips through space and time with that vocal!

DO YOU KNOW I take for granted that I’m not really a Celine fan and then I realise I like more songs than I think I do.

I often forget the names of some of the songs though because I don’t listen to her much. But the Falling Into You album is such a surprising treat every time it pops on.

Who pops that on, you? :o

:D i don’t have her saved or anything but a song might come on a random Spotify playlist and then I remember how much I like it and I’ll put Falling Into You on for a bit

It’s nostalgia I think. It was played a lot in my first job.

And moopy got me into that French one that I can’t remember how to spell. I knew the English version for ages but now appreciate the French version is better

For me it’s A New Day Has Come, Taking Chances and I Drove All Night :disco:
She has one of the best catalogues out there, or maybe she's just so vocally capable of grasping your sentiment that makes everything sound this good.
I was having dreams of her when I was a young gay. :D
The most recurring one was that she included Athens in her tour (she still never has, the first on plan got cancelled because of corona) and am there, and she points to me and does one of those strange grimaces she does and she tells me You! Come up here! and she gives me a microphone and we duet! :redface:

It has a sweeping, Backstreet Boys appeal, but it's not a Céline peak for me. I imagine it goes down well with the target demographic who go see her live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom