Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2 + Potion ft. Dua Lipa

It's a nice little album.

ACTUALLY, I do like the Normani track @Suedey along with the Charlie Puth one. The rest is just MIDDLING low-fi, chill out tracks with nothing outstanding making me go back to it,

Go back to gay dance Calvin and keep taking your kit off.

It's a nice little album.
I disagree. it's boring (already a cardinal sin) and several songs are actively bad.

I've taken Potion, New Money and Obsessed (Puthy's chorus is quite good) and RUN!

I disagree. it's boring (already a cardinal sin) and several songs are actively bad.

I've taken Potion, New Money and Obsessed (Puthy's chorus is quite good) and RUN!

Potion is actually the worst track for me :D I just kept:

1. Obsessed
2. Stay
3. New To You
4. Lean On Me
5. Live My Best Life
6. Nothing More To Say

you're right though, I apply "nice little album" VERY loosely these days :zombie:

Has the album performed poorly everywhere?

Just noticed the UK chart run is 5 - 16 - 94 out.

Has the album performed poorly everywhere?

Just noticed the UK chart run is 5 - 16 - 94 out.

Isn’t that quite normal for general new releases that aren’t mega names?

Some acts get 1 week in the top ten and straight out. Tragically that’s not a bad chart run in 2022.

Didn’t Jessie Ware go silver and have 3 times in the top ten, but actually only spent about 5 weeks in total in the Top 100?

Some acts get 1 week in the top ten and straight out. Tragically that’s not a bad chart run in 2022.

Didn’t Jessie Ware go silver and have 3 times in the top ten, but actually only spent about 5 weeks in total in the Top 100?
Yes but Calvin Harris is a mega name? Or at least is big enough you’d think it would do better

He ISN'T a big name?

And I'd still say one week in the top ten and then out is a poor chart run, even if it is more common now. It's still not the norm by some distance.

Mind you, his last album (volume one) only had 13 weeks on the chart in the chart 5 years ago, so perhaps he isn't the album force I thought he was.

He obviously isn't a force in the singles chart he was 5+ years ago either, but I'd have thought he would have had sufficient streaming to keep him on the album chart longer than three weeks.

Just had a quick look, and there are a grand total of 12 albums in the top 100 that aren't compilations or new entries, that have spent less than a year on the charts.

Becky Hill
Robbie Williams
George Ezra
K-Trap
Slipknot
XXXXTENSION
Asake
ARRDEE
Kendrick Lamar
Blackpink
Burna Boy
D-Block Europe

Oh sorry ignore me I thought I was in the Charlie Puth thread :D which is weird because his album isn’t even out yet? :eyes:

Forgive me, I’m drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom