Can Moopy recommend a film for me for tonight?

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm moving out of my friend's house this weekend and we have one last movie night tonight. It's my choice and I'm stumped as to what it should be, so I thought I would ask the DENIZENS of the Moopy Odeon

Ideally it should be

- drama or a documentary
- from the last couple of years
- something you're willing to STAND BEHIND
- the kind of film that has festival wreaths on the poster
- on at least 85% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7+ on IMDB
- not subtitled as we've been watching a good bit of Dark not because we're morons (OPTIONAL)
- available on Netflix/Prime Video or would consider renting on iTunes

Bear in mind I've seen a lot of the films that meet these conditions :bruised:

THANKS IN ADVANCE

MV5BN2VmMTlhOTMtNDAwNi00NjIwLWJjMmUtNjg4OThkYWExYWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2Mjc5MDM@._V1_.jpg

Oooh I haven't seen that! I'm somewhat moist reading the poster quotes

GREAT PICK JIVA LOVE :disco:

I do at the moment! Mariah-on-Oprah related

Thanks, will definitely check this out in the new house with my close friend and fellow bachelor
It’s 5 episodes but I got through the whole series in one sitting last Saturday evening.

Reactions: dUb
69% on Rotten Tomatoes which seems... apt

I second Climax! (But it does break a Golden Ruleof having subs)

Oh that one is optional NEVER MIND ME!

Climax and In Fabric are both supposed to be AMAZING. I have the latter queued up for this weekend too.

Any good horrors on Netflix at the moment? Actually it doesn’t have to be GOOD but it does need to be pretty grisly...

There’s slim pickings on there at the moment, but “Hush” is a really good effort, incredibly suspenseful with some grisly moments.

But Hostel 1&3 are on there if you REALLY want grisly :D

Fatale is a new one on Netflix with Hilary Swank and Michael Ealy that looks like a Fatal Attraction rip-off.

I’m sure it’s shit but Michael Ealy is :horny: and it looks suitably trashy.

Thanks jiva and Ellie, will check them out! I don’t mind the film itself being a bit shit...! :D I have a regular sync horror watch with a friend and the last couple have been really tame (Escape Room and The Hole In The Ground) so I am under instruction to provide something nastier

Oh well in that case definitely serve up Hostel :disco:

• Love
Oh well my one looks more like a proper 90s style Erotic Thriller rather than Horror.

I’ve been recommended Apostle (also on Netflix) for a Horror but still haven’t got around to watching it.

Apostle is a flop on account of the fact that Dan Stevens doesn’t even take his top off!

Has anyone seen Nobody Sleeps In The Woods Tonight? Polish slasher thingy

Fatale is a new one on Netflix with Hilary Swank and Michael Ealy that looks like a Fatal Attraction rip-off.

I’m sure it’s shit but Michael Ealy is :horny: and it looks suitably trashy.
I can confirm that Fatale is NON-SHOCKINGLY TERRIBLE. Not even in a good way. Avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom