Can You Ever Forgive Me

Vote

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Really loved this, Melissa McCarthy is excellent and tbh I didn’t find Lee to be that distasteful and I appreciated her grumpiness. The friendship with Richard E Grant was also lovely, I assume they are both getting Oscar nominations for it.

Can some more people go and see this and tell me what it's like as it sounds good and the reviewers love it and I LOVE A BIT OF REG but that trailer makes it look PANTS

Can some more people go and see this and tell me what it's like as it sounds good and the reviewers love it and I LOVE A BIT OF REG but that trailer makes it look PANTS
Saw it at the LFF and loved it. Very entertaining character piece. McCarthy has never been better and I’m glad she got the role and not the otherwise brilliant Julianne Moore who was originally going for it.

I had no idea Julianne Moore was in the running for this

Is it out in the UK yet? I really want to see it

Last edited:
LOVED this. These are the Oscar movies I really enjoy - small, brilliantly acted, really original stories.

Melissa McCarthy was fantastic - I had a realisation during a scene near the end that I'd completely forgotten I was watching her, in a good way.

By contrast, Richard E.Grant was completely at 11, but in the most delightful way. I started imagining the whole thing as a stealth sequel to Withnail and I, and it only made things more enjoyable. :D

The final scene between the two of them was heartbreakingly beautiful. Seriously, give him the Oscar just for that.

"You're a HORRID CUNT Lee" :D

It's a crime that this isn't up for Best Picture/Director when utter shite like Vice is in the mix.

Was probably the least of the Oscar films I was looking forward to but OMG I loved it. Yes it was basically a high brow Melissa McCarthy film but SO well made.

This is one of the best films I've seen in a long time - it's part existential drama, part comedy, part thriller, part offbeat love story. I don't think I've ever seen Melissa McCarthy in anything but she was PITCH PERFECT.

Moopy go see this film, it's very in tune with the spirit of this gay chat room!

I just LOVED this! The story, performances, cinematography...wonderful!

It makes me SO angry that this isn't even available on blu-ray in the UK, let alone 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom