Carly Rae Jepsen - Disco Sweat (shelved album)

Pipo

COQUETTE :ribbon:
PEOPLE LET'S GET A SHOVEL AND START DIGGING

Carly Rae Jepsen recently admitted that she actually recorded that disco album we’ve all been wanting. She instead shelved it in favor of Dedicated.

“I had an album I named Disco Sweat that will probably never be released, and shouldn’t. I started off with a very strong intention to make an understated disco, living room dance party thing. I think that came from going to Sweden and really digging into some ABBA stuff. Then exploring the ’70s. I did ’80s last time, maybe I’ll do this. But it was never that simple. I think there are songs on the new album that achieved kinda what I was envisaging, I think ‘Julian’ is a good example of that. I ended up getting out of a rut, and found some songs that were a little ’90s that I wanted to include, a little something that made more sense than this Disco Sweat, that will be buried in my backyard.”

http://www.sfweekly.com/music/carly-rae-jepsen-is-poised-to-be-top-of-the-pops/

:D as if this needed its own topic, you troll

if Julian is any indicator, it was probably shit

Set your disco opus free CRJ!

I saw that song tournament video where she displayed not completely convincing taste as far as her own material is concerned.

I still haven’t bothered with the new album and I own the last one TWICE.

I mean really she should just rush release this and pretend the last album didn’t happen

It'll just be some demos, lads. These young 'uns make an album every two weeks what with their computers and their midi and their portable phones and all that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom