Caroline Flack DEAD

I think the media have a lot to answer for with this one...

You are spot on Star. I think I posted in the thread where it was reported she was arrested that the media furore when she was heading in to court was disgusting. They love nothing more than to make you then break you.

RIP Caroline. :(

He stood by her publically, but due to the trial she wasn't allowed to see him, I believe.

Yeah I knew that much but just googling her it brought up something about him sending valentine's messages or something (I mean, it was The S**, it's just what came up first and then there were older articles elsewhere referencing things).

Either way, horribly sad.

I think there may be far more pressure for TV presenters to be squeaky clean compared to other media personalities.

Twitter currently calling for the return of the Jeremy Kyle show because only one person killed themselves because of that and Love Island is up to 3. This. Fucking. Country. :manson::manson:

I can’t see them cancelling this series of Love Island as she was not part of it.

Twitter currently calling for the return of the Jeremy Kyle show because only one person killed themselves because of that and Love Island is up to 3. This. Fucking. Country. :manson::manson:

Let's bring back Noel Edmonds and The Late Late Breakfast, while we're at it.

I say that on one hand about them not cancelling Love Island, but Ian Stirling and the rest of the crew are likely going to be hit very hard by this so they may not want to carry on?

I've never watched Love Island. Is it one of those shows where the contestants are shut away from the outside world, or will they learn about this / potentially react live on air?

Because there's no way ITV won't already be having urgent meetings about the most 'tasteful' way they can get away with airing that.

They are somewhat isolated, but I don't see it being part of the show as she hasn't been involved in this series at all

I don’t see why the contestants on this series would need to know as Caroline has not been a part of it. It would be very gross of them to tell them in the context of the show.

Reactions: D5K
I've never watched Love Island. Is it one of those shows where the contestants are shut away from the outside world, or will they learn about this / potentially react live on air?

Because there's no way ITV won't already be having urgent meetings about the most 'tasteful' way they can get away with airing that.

They are meant to be. They don’t have any tv/internet so therefore no social media.

I think we are likely to just get a tribute at the end of Sunday’s episode if they carry on. In some ways I feel it should be stopped as she was at the helm of the show from the start even if she didn’t take part in this season.

Is Aftersun meant to be on tonight? I can see them cancelling that alright.

The fawning tabloid reports tomorrow are going to be particularly sickening. You’d hope there’d be some sort of acknowledgement of their part in it, but there absolutely won’t be.

It's probably ITV's biggest cash cow, despite the winter series dipping. I really struggle to see them cancelling it and I suppose they wouldn't see they have to as Caroline's death is unrelated, kind of - unlike the previous two contestants and they were quite happy to carry on after that...

I've only watched it in the presence of other people who like it, odd episodes here and there and admittedly it's somehow compelling in a Big Brother style way. But the whole idea just seems in such bad taste in everything it embodies. Or maybe I'm just OLD.

The fawning tabloid reports tomorrow are going to be particularly sickening. You’d hope there’d be some sort of acknowledgement of their part in it, but there absolutely won’t be.

If anything, they will point the blame at social media and utterly ignore how they have fuelled it.

Oh not a chance. Absolutely despicable.

Looks like Andrew Brady hasn't tweeted since saying he wasnt surprised by the assault allegation.

Although people are now replying to it, some saying it has played a part in her death.

Social media really is utterly fucking toxic.

As big a cliche as it may well sound it is so true. You never know what someone is going through. Be Kind. Always.

Reactions: Zu
I rather ashamedly did used to go on the STOP FUCKING HATE website but had to stop as I got so angry with some of the comments getting made. I’m not saying that Caroline Flack was scrolling through reading such comments but these are the same people who are sending constant abuse via social media. It must be practically impossible to rise above the barrage of abuse when you are getting hounded to this scale with such negativity. I don’t even think she has been seen in public since her court case, so has clearly been living a lonely, solitary existence. People forget this is someone’s life, and how fragile someone’s life can be. This has actually really got to me tonight. :(

Nothing to add which hasn’t already been said. This is simply shocking and dreadful. The poor love. In fact I thought the thread title was a mistake when I first saw it :(

This is being reported by CNN. I always forget the US sees our reality TV now.

Apparently the Snu did a feature today mocking her which they have hastily deleted from their website. Typical of them but there are few things worse than a coward.

Apparently the Snu did a feature today mocking her which they have hastily deleted from their website. Typical of them but there are few things worse than a coward.

Have they left the Meghan and Jameela crap up? Or perhaps they will give them a break for a few days.

Have they left the Meghan and Jameela crap up? Or perhaps they will give them a break for a few days.

Dunno, not giving them the clicks to find out. I can't imagine they'll learn anything.

If her boyfriend dropped the charges on the court case why were the prosecution going ahead with it? I just watched the ITV news and they called it a “showcase”? Not knowing much about the legal system do the prosecution not have to go ahead with the case if the complainer has withdrawn, or is it simply a case that the complaint has been made so it can’t be retracted? :confused:

If her boyfriend dropped the charges on the court case why were the prosecution going ahead with it? I just watched the ITV news and they called it a “showcase”? Not knowing much about the legal system do the prosecution not have to go ahead with the case if the complainer has withdrawn, or is it simply a case that the complaint has been made so it can’t be retracted? :confused:
I guess a crime had been reported of which there was evidence. I further guess this goes beyond withdrawn accusations.

If there is enough evidence to prosecute, they will go ahead with it.

I guess a crime had been reported of which there was evidence. I further guess this goes beyond withdrawn accusations.

I suppose that is fair enough really. If a “normal” person would have got prosecuted for the same offence then no leniency should be shown as she is famous. It was just the way ITV news were reporting that made me think they were possibly just making an example of her because of her status.

It was a domestic assault case, you can imagine many situations where the victim withdraws their charges but it’s still in the public’s interest to prosecute.

that bring said this whole thing is so awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom