Caroline Flack DEAD

That she died awaiting trial is deeply sad for her legacy. A mess indeed.

I don't massively know much about her, just that she's always in the paper for one reason or another..but im genuinely sad about this. She was my age. And she felt she had no other choice in life than to kill herself :( and now the media, who seem to constantly have stories to report on her, will make out it's a tragedy. Which it is. But stop with the hypocrisy.

I find that so many people are on Twitter blaming one person or organisation wanting them cancelled, without having a fucking clue about the actual circumstances, not only painfully ironic but so fucking clueless.

The caption on this post is so fucking haunting now. Yet it really shouldn’t be!

Reactions: Zu
I'll be honest, I didn't realise how well known she actually was - I didn't expect to see a front page with nothing but her name and her dates.

Poor soul. Poor, poor soul. :(

She wasn't the most famous person to have died recently, I liked her and she was a good TV presenter, but I think this death has hit me harder than any other celebrity death in a number of years. And not because I was a massive fan or anything but everything surrounding this is just so tragic. Hard to find words, really.

I feel a bit weird about this one.

Obviously it's tragic, and I feel for her and her friends and family.

I'm uncomfortable with the criticism of the justice system and the press for holding her to account for domestic violence.

I feel a bit weird about this one.

Obviously it's tragic, and I feel for her and her friends and family.

I'm uncomfortable with the criticism of the justice system and the press for holding her to account for domestic violence.

The press HOUNDED her. In what way is that right? She may well have done it but she still hadn't been convicted at that point. Some of the stories online were terrible. They deserve to be criticised.

"The media killed her. End of." argument is so reductive. She clearly had her demons.

Not that it makes the shitty rags or individuals that exploited her and others' problems any better, but people are clearly weaponising this for their own battles.

The Scum's take is certainly interesting - that the blame lies squarely with the CPS for daring to drag someone through the courts after being charged for committing a crime. It's tragic that she chose to commit suicide but taking that out of the equation, she assualted her partner as GNL said. There would have been just as much hysteria if the CPS hadn't charged her.

I do find this national outpouring utterly repellant as everyone declares they were an ally who was always on her side. The majority clearly weren't.

I feel awful for her. Of course I do. But, if she did lamp her boyfriend, her taking her own life doesn’t then justify her actions when she was alive. But my position caused a right uproar last night, causing my party to end abruptly.

Fuck me, is The Sun REALLY taking that angle?

Fuck me, why am I anything approaching surprised?

Reactions: SDF
The media have to deflect this one - it was the same with Diana Spencer; paps were chasing the car, the car crashed, she died. The media essential tried to blame the Royal Family and damn near caused a constitutional crisis. The monarchy had never been so hated as they were in September 1997.

At some point you can have my thesis about Diana's death being the key event that led up to Brexit but this isn't the time.

One of Mr Ag's friends who has basically ignored him throughout all his recent troubles, is posting all about 'Be Kind' all over her FB. Fuck off hypocrite.

The only person on my feed who has done that is genuinely one of the kindest people I know so I find it easy to take from her. She walks the walk.

You're absolutely right - performative gestures on social media are worth fuck all and usually only there to make the poster feel good, not anyone who needs help. So, yeah, fuck her.

The S*n absolutely has her death on its hands and I hope this is the fucking end of it and the shitrag that is the mail. Dont @ me with your opinions

One of Mr Ag's friends who has basically ignored him throughout all his recent troubles, is posting all about 'Be Kind' all over her FB. Fuck off hypocrite.

This is getting right on my tits. My social media feeds are full of it. Did you care the other 364 days of the year? No.

Sharing ‘It’s ok not be ok’ messages to a load of people you barely make any time for outside of social media don’t make a tiny fucking bit of difference.

I feel awful for her. Of course I do. But, if she did lamp her boyfriend, her taking her own life doesn’t then justify her actions when she was alive.

I don’t think anyone is saying that though? I think people are more concerned about the “cancel culture”, whereby people who do something bad or make a mistake are deemed utterly unworthy of a career, redemption...a life even. And of course, tabloid press relentlessly hounding largely harmless celebrities.

It sounds simplistic to say and I don’t know what the solution is but social media has a lot to answer for. David Baddiel shared part of an article he wrote which brought up an excellent point: zero (to my knowledge) ‘hated’ Big Brother housemates died in this way after the show, one logical difference being the fact that they didn’t have immediate access to hundreds or thousands of messages saying they’re awful and should kill themselves in their pocket.

It sounds simplistic to say and I don’t know what the solution is but social media has a lot to answer for. David Baddiel shared part of an article he wrote which brought up an excellent point: zero (to my knowledge) ‘hated’ Big Brother housemates died in this way after the show, one logical difference being the fact that they didn’t have immediate access to hundreds or thousands of messages saying they’re awful and should kill themselves in their pocket.
While maybe... but BB only ended in 2018.

True, but I think the show’s heyday of 2000-2008 is more relevant here

A few of my friends have had mental health issues this year. I’ll admit it was hard to know what to say at times. But I just send a Whats App now and then to check in with them and ask how they’re doing. I never probed them but I listened when I could. Even just a Hello can help.

On the Big Brother front, the wonderful Nadia springs to mind. Although I can't remember what her "downfall" was.

On the Big Brother front, the wonderful Nadia springs to mind. Although I can't remember what her "downfall" was.

She appeared on the Ultimate BB series and got a load of hate for her argument with Coolio (she spat on his bed). I think even Mario from her original series made a statement that she was not in a good place after the show and for the media to leave her alone.

@Rita, you may find this interesting

That is an interesting read. I just wonder what would happen if the prosecution went ahead with the trial and her partner pleaded with the jury that he did not want the case to go any further. It just seems a bit of a waste of tax payers money.

That is an interesting read. I just wonder what would happen if the prosecution went ahead with the trial and her partner pleaded with the jury that he did not want the case to go any further. It just seems a bit of a waste of tax payers money.
But that's exactly what often DOES happen in cases of domestic violence, due the nature of the relationship. But if there is sufficient evidence, and it is considered to be in the public interest, the CPS will prosecute. And nobody, except those involved with the case (and least of all a tabloid who spent hours previously deleting articles about the alleged perpetrator) is in a position to say if the CPS was right or wrong to pursue a prosecution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom