Caroline Flack DEAD

There's been so much about mental health and no one looking after her etc, but at the end of the day she had a friend staying with her and she was awaiting trial. Suicide while awaiting trial is surely not uncommon. Also just because you have support does not stop depression and suicide (myth alert).

Not that the conversations around mental health shouldn't happen (they super should and if her demise does anything, I hope it brings such topics to the great unwashed) but there so many assumptions going on.

But that's exactly what often DOES happen in cases of domestic violence, due the nature of the relationship. But if there is sufficient evidence, and it is considered to be in the public interest, the CPS will prosecute. And nobody, except those involved with the case (and least of all a tabloid who spent hours previously deleting articles about the alleged perpetrator) is in a position to say if the CPS was right or wrong to pursue a prosecution.

I do agree, as where do you draw the line? I also heard something earlier about a campaign to keep celebrities court cases anonymous which just isn’t feasible really...

I do agree, as where do you draw the line? I also heard something earlier about a campaign to keep celebrities court cases anonymous which just isn’t feasible really...
Not feasible at all, although I definitely understand the Cliff Richard case. Any police investigation should really not be reported in the press unless an arrest has been made.

I deal with a lot of criminal records at work and a huge percentage are domestic violence cases (male on female violence). The vast majority of them have multiple cautions and convictions with their partners staying with them in the end, only for it to happen again. I’ve genuinely had a conversation with a guy justifying it by saying “the court told me to stop beating my wife for two years (referring to a suspended sentence), so I didn’t for those two years”.

Not feasible at all, although I definitely understand the Cliff Richard case. Any police investigation should really not be reported in the press unless an arrest has been made.

I deal with a lot of criminal records at work and a huge percentage are domestic violence cases (male on female violence). The vast majority of them have multiple cautions and convictions with their partners staying with them in the end, only for it to happen again. I’ve genuinely had a conversation with a guy justifying it by saying “the court told me to stop beating my wife for two years (referring to a suspended sentence), so I didn’t for those two years”.

Sometimes I do wonder about the people in this world we live in. What an animal.

The Snu going with "CRUEL PROSECUTION SERVICE" as their headline.

Give it up, ya fuckin' snakes, no-one's going with you on this.

I didn't realise she was just being prosecuted for Common Assault. Not even Battery or ABH. That doesn't even need a physical injury to stand, therefore I'm once again on the side of blaming the media for blowing it out of proportion.

I didn't realise she was just being prosecuted for Common Assault. Not even Battery or ABH. That doesn't even need a physical injury to stand, therefore I'm once again on the side of blaming the media for blowing it out of proportion.

I didn't know this either. I DO blame the media for a number of reasons - splashing the incident all over the front pages, giving a detailed account of what allegedly happened including some disturbing stories about how she was allegedly behaving, she seemed to be having some sort of manic episode. Then hounding her constantly, invading her privacy, coming to conclusions about things. Then I also blame online trolls. on forums, social media and other internet platforms for their comments, also deciding that they are judge and jury about things. It seems the pressure of everything all on top of one another made her snap.

I don't blame the CPS (is this the same as Scotland's Procurator Fiscal?) - they have a job to do, and they obviously felt it was serious enough to charge her, even for a lesser charge. Perhaps if it had been kept out of the papers etc then she'd have been able to handle it as a private matter. How would we all feel if we did something wrong then all of a sudden everyone from your Auntie Helen to your best friend in primary school found out the full details of what had happened? Was there a NEED for the press to report every minute detail of it? It's clear that Caroline was an unwell lady, and when they realised this they should have left her alone.

I wonder if anything will change after this. I would hope it would, but I sadly doubt it.

For fuck's sake. It was all so avoidable. I'm still in quite a state of shock that this has happened honestly. It's the biggest celeb death shocker in some time and also one of the most tragic I can recall.

I can only imagine how the press would have jumped on that had she posted it...

For fuck's sake. It was all so avoidable. I'm still in quite a state of shock that this has happened honestly. It's the biggest celeb death shocker in some time and also one of the most tragic I can recall.

I totally agree. This has probably touched me more than any celebrity death I remember, not because she was more deserving of life than anyone else but it really should not have happened.

I take it ITV did sack her, rather than what they are protesting saying that she was simply given a break and was expected to come back on the summer season of Love Island?

It's going to hit the fan now - the press will turn on ITV and ITV will turn on the press. Fuck them both.

I see the coroner has announced that she hanged herself. I really don’t see WHY this is of public interest at all. We knew she took her own life, the in’s and outs of the circumstances should be personal to her family, and then down to them who they want to disclose that information to. Yes, I know she was in the public eye but the way in which she took her own life is really nobody’s bloody business.

Last edited:
I see the coroner has announced that she hanged herself. I really don’t see WHY this is of public interest at all. We knew she took her own life, the in’s and outs of the circumstances should be personal to her family, and then down to them who they want to disclose that information to. Yes, I know she was in the public eye but the way in which she took her own life is really nobody’s bloody business.
All deaths are on the public record. I think.

All deaths are on the public record. I think.

I just feel it is of incredibly poor taste that the media thought it was OK to park themselves outside the court before it even opened this morning to get the first scoop on the way she killed herself. Absolute vultures. I don’t know why I’m surprised.

You lose a lot of rights in death. Besides if we're still clicking on stories about her, the press will still report them.

Yes, you are probably right. I am just expressing my disgust towards the whole system. It’s just so WRONG.

I really hope that her boyfriend has support around him just now too.

I really hope that her boyfriend has support around him just now too.
My mate pointed out to me last night his willingness to drop the charge suggests something a lot deeper. Utterly feasible that he was abusive to some degree. You don't just lamp someone for nothing.

Of course this is just crude speculation.

My mate pointed out to me last night his willingness to drop the charge suggests something a lot deeper. Utterly feasible that he was abusive to some degree. You don't just lamp someone for nothing.

Of course this is just crude speculation.

Without knowing exactly what happened it’s impossible to judge. The blood found in her apartment was apparently her blood (as she said in the above statement her family released). It definitely was not as clean cut as the media were reporting.

Without knowing exactly what happened it’s impossible to judge. The blood found in her apartment was apparently her blood (as she said in the above statement her family released). It definitely was not as clean cut as the media were reporting.
Not sure if the 999 call is public knowledge, I've certainly not read it, but I noted he used the line "I was normal before I met her" which is really quite alarming. Normal compared to what mate?

Not sure if the 999 call is public knowledge, I've certainly not read it, but I noted he used the line "I was normal before I met her" which is really quite alarming. Normal compared to what mate?

That is classic abuser language but let's not get involved in that type of speculation. If it comes out in the wash, so be it.

That is classic abuser language but let's not get involved in that type of speculation. If it comes out in the wash, so be it.
Oh I know I shouldn't, and I have preached against such speculation, but I felt giving him a victim halo feeds into his behaviour.

I don’t think I have ever came across any 999 transcript. As we know domestic abuse takes place in many forms and I have came across quite a few relationships where they can’t live with each other, but also can’t live without each other. Violence in a relationship should not be accepted, but unfortunately it doesn’t mean that any of these couples don’t love each other any less than those in non volatile relationships.

There's also the tweet from Andrew Brady after her arrest (he wished he could say he was surprised, or similar). And the tweets he had in reply stating how toxic their relationship was.

I mean WHO KNOWS? So much of this is speculation, but that of course doesn't stop most of us doing it.

Yes, you are probably right. I am just expressing my disgust towards the whole system. It’s just so WRONG.

To be honest I have an issue with the way all crime is reported, even down to shitty little crimes at magistrate level. Our local paper (so I imagine most over the country do similar) has an 'in the court this week' section where every little minor offence and then up to and including murder is reported, with the guilty party's name and address (minus house number, admittedly) given. Why is that dressed up for salacious gossip? I don't accept that a lot of it is 'in the public interest'. I care that justice is done, but I'm happy to have faith in the process and don't need it reported. And if I DO have that much interest, in most cases I can go along to the public gallery and watch the trial myself.

The released Instagram post is all a bit haunting, isn’t it?

What was reported, definitely doesn’t seem to be what actually happened. But, then who the hell knows what happened except for her boyfriend?

Which reminds me, I hope the Diana Steps musical gets off the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom