Caroline Polachek - Welcome to My Island + Desire... (album 2)

Why is "Dang" a duet with R2D2?

R2 "squibbleeeblebleee"
CP "dang"

the vinyl finally came out and she got a load of new chart peaks

UK #23
Switzerland #25
New Zealand #31
Netherlands #35
Germany #44
Belgium #48 (Flanders)
Australia #53
Belgium #55 (Wallonia)
Spain #67
US #87
France #197

Ok, Dang has clicked, it's actually great. It's just that the minimal weird noises PC-Music thing is a bit worn out, something they've recognised by jacking it in.

Reactions: GNL
the vinyl finally came out and she got a load of new chart peaks

UK #23
Switzerland #25
New Zealand #31
Netherlands #35
Germany #44
Belgium #48 (Flanders)
Australia #53
Belgium #55 (Wallonia)
Spain #67
US #87
France #197
I've got it and it's fab

I think in the end I prefer the debut, although Island has higher/more highs.

I'm not a huge fan BUT I basically came here to make you all aware (if you weren't) that this woman has a 4-octave vocal range, which is quite rare. Nobody needs 4-octaves but she has it anyway. I'm very interested in singing (as well as technique, vocal fach etc) so I pay some attention to her because she doesn't hold back.

I'm not a huge fan BUT I basically came here to make you all aware (if you weren't) that this woman has a 4-octave vocal range, which is quite rare. Nobody needs 4-octaves but she has it anyway. I'm very interested in singing (as well as technique, vocal fach etc) so I pay some attention to her because she doesn't hold back.

The 'Pang' album showcased this a lot more than 'Desire' does, to the latter's detriment, I think. Her voice is exceptional but she can use it as she pleases, I guess. I enjoy her most when she chooses to be front and centre rather than sitting within a production.

one of her best vocals (and one of both of their best songs)

when she goes so high into the second chorus that the vocal just breaks into a million fragments? mother

I think that was the first time I heard Polachek's voice, having completely missed Chairlift. It did perk up the ears somewhat.

I recall her Glastonbury set last year. The shit she did with her voice was astounding.

I've always struggled to get into her (except Too Hot You're Hurting My Feelings of course), but after hearing I Believe, I think I might have a Caroline MOMENT soon. That or Kelela

This album is appearing in pretty much every year end list going so far

Reactions: GNL
I still feel like Pang is the better album but it is very good indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom