Carrie Underwood

Oh I really like Love Wins, it's more instant than Cry Pretty

I think it will sound amazing live

I like her but I really don't like Love Wins. It's the wrong side of cheese for me.

Oh @dUb I wanted to wait until the vinyl got delivered to listen but you’ve tipped my curiosity over the edge :disco:

Reactions: dUb
Oh I hope you don't disagree... Just had one listen this morning on the way to work but I was into every track - EVEN the uptempos.

Better than Storyteller at least.

If my heart wasn’t made of stone I’d totally have a cry to Kingdom

How are you getting on with the album @dUb ?

I’m really enjoying it and Ghosts on the stereo is my current jam

The album has opened with 240k in America, which is more than Storyteller, although this does have a big tour bundle that will no doubt have helped

Yep enjoying as well. The only song I really don’t have any time for is That Song That We Used To Make Love To. Like everything else, but not sure yet how many songs will make my Carrie Best Of playlist... at the moment I’d say Backsliding, The Bullet (LOVE those descending ah ah ahs) and maybe Kingdom. The title track is really growing on me actually, and Ghosts might make its way on as well.

It’s a very strong album, just don’t think it contains many/any standout career highs for our Caz.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDF
This landed on my iTunes for some reason and I quite like it. I can't say I've ever listened to any Carrie Underwood before, other than Before He Cheats and Ever Ever After.

I kind of agree. It doesn’t really have a big moment like all the other albums have had, although I think Love Wins and Kingdom both come close. It is a very consistent album though and her vocals at this stage are really incredible.

Backsliding really reminds me of Sam Hunt (:horny:)

Last edited:
The triple threat of Ghosts on the stereo / Low / Backsliding has been on heavy rotation.

Backsliding should be the next single.

I think I’d like this album more if Kacey Musgraves hadn’t put out a record a million times better loosely in the same genre this year.

Elevating Spinning Bottles to an 11:

Omg @dUb she is playing 5 UK dates at the end of June / start of July

There seems to be quite a few tickets left for Glasgow

I don’t quite fancy paying £200 for a ticket but I’m tempted to hold off and see if they reduce tickets closer to the concert

Hiya

@dUb

I almost want to manson myself but have you heard the new Carrie Underwood Christmas song?

Anyway it’s not very Christmassy, other than mentioning Christmas once, it feels like a song MJ would have written back in the day:

She also looks stunning on the cover

I had no interest in an album of NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL REPUBLICAN HYMNS but if it’s an original and mostly Yule-free I will have to give it a GO!

The track list to the album looks a little uninspired
  1. Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
  2. O Come All Ye Faithful
  3. Let There Be Peace
  4. Little Drummer Boy (Feat. Isaiah Fisher)
  5. Sweet Baby Jesus
  6. Hallelujah (With John Legend)
  7. O Holy Night
  8. Mary, Did You Know?
  9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
  10. Away in a Manger
  11. Silent Night

Album is out today, I'm not going to be listening to the whole thing as I really don't need to hear some of these songs right now but the original song with John Legend is lovely:

Really can’t be arsed with any of this but I’ll give that one a try x

I really liked My Gift in the end.

The only terrible track was Little Drummer Boy with whoever that god awful child was on it.

Oh dear that does feel like she’s scraping the barrel

She appears to have outed herself as an anti-masker. :eyes:

*pretends to be shocked*

She's started her Vegas residency

Capture.PNG

Inside Your Heaven (Instrumental)? Who wants that?

I'd go

• Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom