Celine Dion - Loved Me Back To Life

"But you stood by my side..."

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I don't think anyone would have put money on Celine Dion having a top 20 hit in 2014, but the power of Sia prevailed (briefly)

I've been oddly obsessed with this recently after sort of forgetting about it for the best part of a year. I think it's one of Sia's better songs4cash, and Celine is a good match for her belt-heavy songwriting style.

Last edited:
The best bit is obviously the middle eight where the sheer drama of the song causes Celiné to transcend words and just make what can only be described as an emotional honking noise.

Last edited:
I think it's rather stunning and stirring although I'd completely forgotten about it until I heard it in a shop the other day and it was all very WTF IS THIS until I realised :disco:

"STRONG HANDS THICK SKIN AND AN OPEN HEART
YOU SAW THROUGH THE PAIN SAW THROUGH THE MASK
YOU NEVER GAVE UP ON MEEEEEEE
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!"

Oh CELINÉ :disco:

I don't think I've heard this before. It's instantly joining the home alone, emotional breakdown belting playlist, even if it does slightly sound like Céliné is singing along to a Sia song she's got on the radio. I can only hope that one day, somebody loves me back to life.

Reactions: Zu
It really should have been a bigger hit but then, top 20 for Queen C these days is pretty tremendous. It also helped the album sell pretty well, didn't it?

I do love it, but that's partly because of Céline's vocal. Imagine if this was Rihanna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very good and a about as current as she can sound now.

Stunning, I really liked the album as well. Her version of At Seventeen was :(

The middle 8 is the WORST part, it feels incomplete and it doesn't even rhyme; I bet it's one of those Sia songs she's all condescending about.
"Oh yeah I wrote this one in likr 3 mins while on the loo and browsing intsagram".

Nice, but doesn't strike an emotional chord with me (although parts of it are divine - the final yeh-ee-yeh lingers beautifully and the middle-8 is very pretty until it messily shrieks back into action). At least we were spared Sia singing it. Taking Chances on the other hand throws you off a cliff and gives you a parachute, that's my current Celine go-to.

I love this.

I never considered myself a Celine fan but I like a SURPRISING amount of her catalogue.

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom