Chadwick Boseman DEAD

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
:o

apparently he’d been battling cancer

Wow this is a shocker. What a beautiful man. He was amazing in Black Panther. I rarely like superhero movies but he won me over completely.

Heartbreaking :( He and Michael were outstanding in Black Panther. Get on Up was brilliant, massively underrated too. :(

Chadwick Forever.

Last edited:
Shocking :( to be battling cancer while filming all those action films, what a trooper.

Devastatingly sad. :(

Also, I had no idea he was 43. What a beautiful man.

I've only knowingly seen him in Black Panther. The expanded Marvel world baffles me.

Really shocking, this one :(
No, it was due to film next year :( I think the tweet is referring to the other films he appeared in as the character.
I wonder if he filmed some small element of it, knowing his prognosis. We have to assume Black Panther II will still happen with whichever other character taking on the mantle. It'll be a fitting tribute to him I'm sure.

He also completed a film adaptation of Ma Rainey's Black Bottom with Viola Davis which hasn't come out yet. I would imagine that if it's good, there'd be a lot of goodwill to give him a posthumous Oscar.

Genuinely shocked by this. What a loss. Selfishly my first thought was, how on earth can they continue the Black Panther franchise without him? But that only reaffirms how brilliant he was in the role. I can’t imagine anyone else.

FYI Black Panther was also in Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame, and prior to BP he was introduced in another, I think a Captain America movie, maybe Civil War.

Shuri his sister eventually becomes Black Panther doesn't she?

I'm sure there are plenty of other avenues they can take. It's too important a property to abandon, but I agree he was fantastic and it'll be hard seeing the franchise and MCU continue without him.

Shocking and very sad news.

They’ve taken down the article since but JFC Screenrant put this up shortly after the news broke

FYI Black Panther was also in Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame, and prior to BP he was introduced in another, I think a Captain America movie, maybe Civil War.

He does have credit for a total of 4 MCU movies :o
Captain America Civil War
Black Panther
Infinity War
Endgame
Though I think I've read that Infinity War and Endgame were filmed back to back all throughout 2017 but Disney is so messy since they have so much footage lying around he could have been featured in a cameo and Chadwick himself wouldn't even know it (Like it happened with Gwyneth Paltrow).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom