CHALLENGE ANNEKA

Nancy

Don't phone, it's just for fun!
It’s obvious to me that there is HUGE DEMAND for this behemoth of television to have its own thread, where I can introduce you to Anneka’s many incredible achievements.

The premise was simple ... Anneka would be issued with a challenge to complete within a certain time limit. She’d have to pull in help from all sorts of places to achieve the impossible!

Here is one of my favourite episodes to get you started with .... it’s from 1991 and Anneka has just 48 hours to build a holiday camp for 80 children from inner city London, who wouldn’t otherwise get a holiday.

I liked this on a Saturday early evening back in the day yes. You just knew everything she had built had collapsed by the following Monday just narrowly avoiding hitting 24 innocent pedestrians.

Here is one of my favourite episodes to get you started with .... it’s from 1991 and Anneka has just 48 hours to build a holiday camp for 80 children from inner city London, who wouldn’t otherwise get a holiday.

The kids taking control of the Challenge site while Anneka is off doing things is warming my heart! Feel-good TV at its best!

I think 'featuring Wincey Willis in anthracite tights' in the title would get us a few more perverts from Google searches, but I suppose we've got more than enough already.

Reactions: COB
I think 'featuring Wincey Willis in anthracite tights' in the title would get us a few more perverts from Google searches, but I suppose we've got more than enough already.
Wincey wasn’t part of Challenge Anneka

Wincey wasn’t part of Challenge Anneka
Oh shit, I've only now realised you're not talking about Treasure Hunt.

I wish I hadn't encouraged you to start this thread now :evil:

(We totally could still aim for the perverts, though)

Oh shit, I've only now realised you're not talking about Treasure Hunt.

I wish I hadn't encouraged you to start this thread now :evil:

(We totally could still aim for the perverts, though)
I do love Treasure Hunt .... in fact even more than Challenge Anneka. I will start a Treasure Hunt thread in due course. So many classic TV moments!

I used to have the theme tune as my ringtone in about 2003. Anyone who heard it remembered the tune but couldn't quite put their finger on what it was.

I used to have the theme tune as my ringtone in about 2003. Anyone who heard it remembered the tune but couldn't quite put their finger on what it was.
When I could go into the office, one day we played a game where we had to hum TV theme tunes. I did Challenge Anneka and everyone looked at me blankly. I persevered. They looked at me with pity. I persevered further. They looked at me like I was an idiot.

Anyway, has anyone had a chance to watch today’s episode yet?

@Kate might be interested - it’s set in Cambridgeshire!

In today’s episode, Anneka has 3 days to produce and manufacture 10,000 copies of an album of nursery rhymes and children’s songs performed by celebrities for Tommy’s Campaign.

She’s already spoken to Jean Boht and roped in George Martin to produce it :disco:

I had no knowledge of the existence of this but just by @Nancy 's description I already got interested and will watch it ASAP

Anneka has two and a half days to completely refurbish a soup kitchen in Charing Cross and then make sure enough food is provided for 150 meals a day for an entire year.

When I could go into the office, one day we played a game where we had to hum TV theme tunes. I did Challenge Anneka and everyone looked at me blankly. I persevered. They looked at me with pity. I persevered further. They looked at me like I was an idiot.

That’s basically the story of you posting here, love... :D

Anneka’s just had to make a 3 minute film to promote the work of National Children’s Homes to show at the premiere of Super Mario Bros to an audience of children. She completed the film, but was blocked from showing it because the BBFC rated it 15! :D

Anneka Rice was probably one of my first TV memories along with Lorraine Kelly, Harry Secombe and he who did the Krypton Factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom