Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe

Berly

Lost and lonely what!

Absolutely love this, another great song from the most exciting LGBTQ artist out there!

Mega impressed with the songs placing on New Music Friday playlist too, hopefully an indication of her rising star.

Last year’s The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess was my album of the year, I saw her live in December and got tickets to go again this coming September. I was agog to not see her on any UK pride (or festival) line ups this summer, I’m sure if she was asked she’d be game so I’m sad she appears to not be on the radar of those supposedly in the know, the fan base is definitely there and growing.

Last edited:
I've never heard her before this, although I've heard the name. IT's good, very Marina - like some of the less-in-yr-face songs on Electra Heart and Froot. I shall listen to more.

Love!

She’s fantastic. One of the best albums in recent years for me. 90% of it is pop perfection.

Her album was spectacular. This new song wasn't very instant for me but now I'm hooked.

This is delightful. I can see the Marina comparison but there is a bit of Allie X in her voice sometimes too.

Love the off kilter ending.

This is delightful. I can see the Marina comparison but there is a bit of Allie X in her voice sometimes too.

Love the off kilter ending.

I like the song well enough but that MIDDLE EIGHT :disco:

I've seen quite a few people say this but can't help but agree - the closest i've ever heard another artist come to capturing the essence of Kate Bush, with a bit of Cyndi Lauper thrown in for good measure.

I haven't paid huge attention to her more broadly but My Kink Is Karma ended up firmly in my Spotify Wrapped for 2023.

She released her album the same week as Kylie did Tension last year, whilst most gays were still Padam’ing she quietly released the years most exciting LGBT album of the year.

She’d been slow releasing some tracks for a good while before then, building up a bit of a fan base and following but this is really the first time anything has ‘crossed over’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom