Charisma Carpenter & Buffy cast on Joss Whedon's 'abuse'

God, I loved Buffy so much back then. Charisma was fabulous, and deserved much more. Is it problematic that this thread recommends me Toyah's Charisma Carpenter has HUGE nipples as a follow-up thread?

God, I loved Buffy so much back then. Charisma was fabulous, and deserved much more. Is it problematic that this thread recommends me Toyah's Charisma Carpenter has HUGE nipples as a follow-up thread?

And Marilyn's thread about Carpenter's so-called 'passage'. Just not appropriate.

Alyson Hannigan's continued silence is a bit :side-eye:, isn't it?
I'd be surprised if she said anything, it does seem like there was a bit of a clique/inner circle on his shows who were/are genuine friends with Whedon, would regularly go round to his house for dinner and to do Shakespeare readings etc. With that in mind I wouldn't expect to see statements from Hannigan and Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, the majority of the Firefly cast etc. I'd love to be wrong on this though!

In fact the main bit of evidence behind a lot of the rumours about SMG being a diva on set at the time actually seemed to centre around her NOT being part of this clique, and (shock horror) treating her co-stars as co-workers rather than her best friends :eyes:

I'd be surprised if she said anything, it does seem like there was a bit of a clique/inner circle on his shows who were/are genuine friends with Whedon, would regularly go round to his house for dinner and to do Shakespeare readings etc. With that in mind I wouldn't expect to see statements from Hannigan and Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, the majority of the Firefly cast etc. I'd love to be wrong on this though!

In fact the main bit of evidence behind a lot of the rumours about SMG being a diva on set at the time actually seemed to centre around her NOT being part of this clique, and (shock horror) treating her co-stars as co-workers rather than her best friends :eyes:

I think there's some truth to that. He certainly held Acker in incredibly high regard (she's a great actress IMO, not gonna take anything away from her).

Hannigan is fairly quiet on IG in general - but I'm also not sure I'd expect anything from her.

Michelle Trachtenberg updated her Instagram post caption to add: The last. Comment I will make on this. Was. There was a rule. Saying. He's not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again.

Michelle Trachtenberg updated her Instagram post caption to add: The last. Comment I will make on this. Was. There was a rule. Saying. He's not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again.

She was a rare example of a TV teenager being played by an actual teenager, right? Big yikes.

This from DB is quite a nice alternative to making a big statement I think

And this from another male co-star

I know what you mean and generally agree, but I read that as him (perhaps a bit clumsily) relating it to his own experience of coming out as gay a few years ago rather than an attempt to minimise what she's saying.

I have to say, I HATE 'your truth', 'my truth' etc. Just say 'the truth', otherwise it sounds like you're saying your version is a one-sided distortion rather than what actually happened.
It’s honestly no different from crap peddled by anti-vaxxers when they refuse to listen to science, or Holocaust deniers. They too have “their” truths.

I know what you mean and generally agree, but I read that as him (perhaps a bit clumsily) relating it to his own experience of coming out as gay a few years ago rather than an attempt to minimise what she's saying.
Oh yeah, I understand that. It's the phrase itself (I think Charisma used it in her first post) I don't like. People use it a lot and I always think it either sounds insincere or as if it's not definitive.

He's done an interview which apparently does him very few favours

...and plenty more like it

more quotes in here including on Charisma Carpenter and Ray Fisher, and why he "had to" sleep with so many women on his productions

did he take tips from the Prince Andrew school of rebuttals? :D jesus.

The story in the article about him belittling the female Firefly writer in front of everyone is properly horrible :(

Screaming at him saying Gal Gadot misunderstood his comments as bullying because English isn't her first language.

She's very clearly a fluent English speaker. Talk about a denial CONFIRMING the accusation.

Reactions: COB
What a terrible interview, he comes off weak and disingenuous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom