Charity Shop Sue

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
'Scuse me laydeh, is there really nothing about this here? Sorry if I've missed it - I did do a search :bruised:

Anyway this web series (15 parts so far) is fucking brilliant and is also the most Moopy thing of all time?

An absolute ICON is born :D (and that's just Vera)

big ron

Nude inspector
She's from my home town so I've seen loads of clips of her. Half my family talk just like that :D

Reactions: dUb

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
I have heard GOOD THINGS about SUE so thanks for reminder. Just watched that first episode.

LITERALLY didn't laugh once.

Suomi

User
It seems to divide - my fiancé thinks it’s amazing but I haven’t done anything more than smirking. It’s okay though.

monsta

CAUGHT YOUR FEVER
I honestly do not understand the appeal of this at all.

I mean IT’S NOT FUNNY!

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I look forward to loving or hating it later.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
I took a while to warm up to it but once I did I was sold. The supporting performers are great.

I do find this to be very funny but EACH TO THEIR OWN

Kalabaliken

Pop Precision Since 1978
It's a very niche humour, that's for sure, but then humour is very subjective. Not everyone finds the same things funny. Mrs Brown's Boys is huge. I hated it. Friends was huge. I hated it.

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
I believe ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES is quite well known in certain quarters.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Seems to be over for now! The web series came to a definite END this week. Pleased to see her doing fairly high-profile gigs like Rylan on Radio 2 recently and hope there's a lot more to come

I've also decided that I'm firmly in the "it's brilliant" camp, despite being momentarily SWAYED by some of the replies above :david:

Last edited:

wurst

CLINK ME!
I love it SO MUCH. I’ve loved her for a while through her social clips, and I’m SO HAPPY it translated into a longer, loosely-connected series.

I think it genuinely gets better as it carries on, it takes till about episode 7 I think to really start hitting its stride with the refund and funeral, never mind the stunning finale with head office visit :disco:

I will say the Vicki character is outdated and shouldn’t be in the show in her current iteration. I was pleased to see she gets dialled back a lot after the first few episodes and it focuses on Sue VS Vera instead :D :disco:

wurst

CLINK ME!
It is SUPER subjective though, a lot of the humour is Midlands-based!

I totally understand if people just DON’T GET IT, although I don’t think it’s too dissimilar to something like Kath and Kim.
Similar to K&K I find it better on repeat viewings as you miss so much first time around.

Kalabaliken

Pop Precision Since 1978
I binged this on Friday evening and it definitely gets better after the first episode. The Sue v Vera fight was EPIC! :D

Zu-Klara

User
The Rot Test Challenge and Sue pissed after the funeral are absolute gold.

Especially Sue pissed after the funeral :disco:

Not to mention nicking stuff from the recently deceased’s home to flog in the shop. ‘E GIVE IT ME :D

Naturally a lot of the fun for me is based on dialect and accent, not to mention SUE‘S BEHAVIOUR IN GENERAL

ButterTart

Sex and gold
Especially Sue pissed after the funeral :disco:

Not to mention nicking stuff from the recently deceased’s home to flog in the shop. ‘E GIVE IT ME :D

Naturally a lot of the fun for me is based on dialect and accent, not to mention SUE‘S BEHAVIOUR IN GENERAL
I love that it's all done in such a strong Nottinghamshire accent (I think the cast are all local comedians). The turns of phrase are just brilliant.

Soldi

Beautiful like crazy trees
“Ah just need a bit of space if that’s ok” :(

Soldi

Beautiful like crazy trees
“Let’s go the extra mile and feed the BLOODY BUGGERS eh?”

Zu-Klara

User
I took a while to warm up to it but once I did I was sold. The supporting performers are great.

Anyone who ever asks for a refund in a CHARITY SHOP always needs a word, not to mention the DISDAIN THEY DESERVE

Zu-Klara

User

“I wanna nip it in the bum naah”

Also I do think that Sue being a SMOKER is an entertaining and essential detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom