Charity Shop Sue

COB

honk
You're making me want to give this another go - I tried the first couple of episodes and it didn't do much for me, and I found Sue herself quite annoying and overly self-aware (or is that part of the joke?).

Zu-Klara

User
Oh I think ANNOYING is deliberate. As a portrayal of human terribleness, I think it is spectacularly good. In fact I wasn’t sure whether it was real or not to begin with

Reactions: dUb

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Grace in The Refund really is deserving a BAFTA Nom for Best Supporting Actress AT THE VERY LEAST :disco: :D

“Two pound for the coffee, FAIR TRADE”
“It was instant” :disco:
:D

It really is worth sticking with @COB, it only gets better. The episodes in the 10s are ESSENTIAL

jivafox

soberish
charity_shop_sue_1394693.jpg

Charity Shop Sue haters when they haven’t told anyone it’s not funny for five whole minutes.

ButterTart

Sex and gold
You're making me want to give this another go - I tried the first couple of episodes and it didn't do much for me, and I found Sue herself quite annoying and overly self-aware (or is that part of the joke?).
It's very much part of the joke. Her behaviour is totally influenced by the camera pointed at her but it still doesn't stop her being a monstrous cunt and just asking for dodgy footage to be cut.

Zu-Klara

User
I‘d quite forgotten that Sue supposedly ends up in A&E on the day of the funeral (:D)

Last edited:

Zu-Klara

User
Don’t wish to cause trouble but @Soldi has just touched my tit :shock:

BAG OF CHIPPIES FOR ANYONE WHO’LL SAY THEY SAW IT

Zu-Klara

User
Am realising that I’ve not watched half of these episodes. POOPHORIA was hitherto unseen

Soldi

Beautiful like crazy trees
Am realising that I’ve not watched half of these episodes. POOPHORIA was hitherto unseen
Poophoria was an anxiety-related SYMPTOM for the poor old LAYDEH that has the panic attacks. Perhaps the COFFEH was a bit TOO STRONG.

Zu-Klara

User
Actually I can sort of see why people don’t think it’s funny as such. It’s mainly quite bleak and depressing :disco:

Zu-Klara

User
Not that bleak and depressing don’t make for good comedy, I hasten to add. So was Human Remains, not that that’s necessarily comparable

Soldi

She could ‘av ‘ad an accident and I’d be ringing her mum, “hello you alright?” “No I’m not your daughters JUST DIED”

Soldi

HE’S BEEN COMING ONTO MEH FOR YEARS! HE HAS! BET HE’S GLAD SHE’S DEAD

Soldi

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I’LL BE GOIN T’ YOUR FUNERAL NEXT LAYDEH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom