Charity Shop Sue

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
'Scuse me laydeh, is there really nothing about this here? Sorry if I've missed it - I did do a search :bruised:

Anyway this web series (15 parts so far) is fucking brilliant and is also the most Moopy thing of all time?

An absolute ICON is born :D (and that's just Vera)

I have heard GOOD THINGS about SUE so thanks for reminder. Just watched that first episode.

LITERALLY didn't laugh once.

It seems to divide - my fiancé thinks it’s amazing but I haven’t done anything more than smirking. It’s okay though.

I honestly do not understand the appeal of this at all.

I mean IT’S NOT FUNNY!

I look forward to loving or hating it later.

It's a very niche humour, that's for sure, but then humour is very subjective. Not everyone finds the same things funny. Mrs Brown's Boys is huge. I hated it. Friends was huge. I hated it.

Seems to be over for now! The web series came to a definite END this week. Pleased to see her doing fairly high-profile gigs like Rylan on Radio 2 recently and hope there's a lot more to come

I've also decided that I'm firmly in the "it's brilliant" camp, despite being momentarily SWAYED by some of the replies above :david:

Last edited:
I love it SO MUCH. I’ve loved her for a while through her social clips, and I’m SO HAPPY it translated into a longer, loosely-connected series.

I think it genuinely gets better as it carries on, it takes till about episode 7 I think to really start hitting its stride with the refund and funeral, never mind the stunning finale with head office visit :disco:

I will say the Vicki character is outdated and shouldn’t be in the show in her current iteration. I was pleased to see she gets dialled back a lot after the first few episodes and it focuses on Sue VS Vera instead :D :disco:

Reactions: Zu
It is SUPER subjective though, a lot of the humour is Midlands-based!

I totally understand if people just DON’T GET IT, although I don’t think it’s too dissimilar to something like Kath and Kim.
Similar to K&K I find it better on repeat viewings as you miss so much first time around.

The Rot Test Challenge and Sue pissed after the funeral are absolute gold.

Especially Sue pissed after the funeral :disco:

Not to mention nicking stuff from the recently deceased’s home to flog in the shop. ‘E GIVE IT ME :D

Naturally a lot of the fun for me is based on dialect and accent, not to mention SUE‘S BEHAVIOUR IN GENERAL

Especially Sue pissed after the funeral :disco:

Not to mention nicking stuff from the recently deceased’s home to flog in the shop. ‘E GIVE IT ME :D

Naturally a lot of the fun for me is based on dialect and accent, not to mention SUE‘S BEHAVIOUR IN GENERAL
I love that it's all done in such a strong Nottinghamshire accent (I think the cast are all local comedians). The turns of phrase are just brilliant.

“Ah just need a bit of space if that’s ok” :(

Reactions: dUb
“Let’s go the extra mile and feed the BLOODY BUGGERS eh?”

Reactions: dUb
I took a while to warm up to it but once I did I was sold. The supporting performers are great.

I do find this to be very funny but EACH TO THEIR OWN

Anyone who ever asks for a refund in a CHARITY SHOP always needs a word, not to mention the DISDAIN THEY DESERVE

“I can tell this is going to take a bit longer than a normal refund” :disco:

I took a while to warm up to it but once I did I was sold. The supporting performers are great.

I do find this to be very funny but EACH TO THEIR OWN

“I wanna nip it in the bum naah”

Also I do think that Sue being a SMOKER is an entertaining and essential detail

“Has anyone picked up (inherent accusation: NICKED) mah fags?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom