Charli XCX ft. Rina Sawayama - Beg For You

62cf5b9aea4f4d3b8123627ddced9ce3c5.jpg

longer clip

So it doesn’t just sample Cry for You, the chorus is almost exactly a copy? It’ll probably be good still but it’s the identical melody

It's very good and I'll definitely be playing it a lot, but I think I was expecting something mindblowing from my two faves and this isn't quite IT :( I'm hoping they do something else together soon, maybe on Rina's next album?

it's a smash. it's fucking fantastic actually, so many hooks and the production is gorge.

only critique is that vocally she sounds kinda rough. but i'll assume she went method since nobody sounds good while BEGGING.

I mean this is FINE isn't it, but really redefines the phrase BASIC BITCH.

Sure it's a bop and I hope it works for them both, but it's a bit REDUCTIVE for Rina, and it's a bit OBVIOUS for Charli to go after a recently resurfaced viral hit SO HARD for a hit of her own, especially when AVA MAX did the same thing first.

It's fine, I'm sure it will introduce a few 7 year old gays to the original, Rina's Instagram will get a few more followers, and the rest of us will forget it ever existed in 3 months time.

Sure it's a bop and I hope it works for them both, but it's a bit REDUCTIVE for Rina, and it's a bit OBVIOUS for Charli to go after a recently resurfaced viral hit SO HARD for a hit of her own, especially when AVA MAX did the same thing first.
She did Out Out last year, and that at least had an original chorus (and I just liked it more than this)

Speaking of which, this is giving me PTSD from the time when I’d be waiting for a new hitrecord from September (for example) to appear on iTunes only to discover it hadn’t been released yet but someone had already farted out a “Can’t Get Over (In the style of September)” tinny cover version with Gill Sans or Franklin Gothic font on the sleeve just to add insult to injury.

I find this very REDUCTIVE

I like Rina but I've never taken to Charli much and for some reason her voice sounds shot on this, like she did a live take and they used that for the studio vocal. Very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom