Charli XCXssentials / general charles chat

FUCK YOU!
SUCKER!

wow you're awesome

apologies in advance for this Sucker section COB. at least the songs are short!

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
I really enjoyed the Sucker album. I was sad when it flopped and she PIVOTED away from it as fast as possible.

I'm actually a massive Sucker apologist (a little sucker?). def her most divisive work and often written off entirely by the fans, but front to back it's a BALL of fun. many great, highly infectious hooks at every turn and big no fucks given energy. into it!

The Japanese Sucker bonus tracks (Break The Rules and Boom Clap IN JAPANESE OBVIOUSLY) are amazing.

I did actually have Boom Clap in for completists' sake, but then I thought nobody ever needs to hear that song again and removed it at FIVE MINUTES TO 8.

so onto DOING IT we go!

• BOOM BOOM
On the flip side, I liked Sucker and I've always found her music-for-mean-bottoms era underwhelming.

am I right in thinking the album versh didn't feature ALBANIAN ROYALTY REET, and the single version later became the album version?

this is such a joyful tune and was a cute little (top 10?) hit for them iirc.

I have played the living shit out of Out of My Head over the years. not quite top tier Charli for me anymore, but I do think it bangs in a very restrained, classy way. a bit of a misnomer on Pop2.

party with my tears...
saw you in my fears...

originally this was actually an ALMA demo (they left her vocals on the chorus) that Charli and Tove jumped on without changing much at all.

now for Unlock It (Lock It), with the parenthesis presumably added for any TikTokker whose attention span is too short to get to the end of the lyric.

tastes like cherry maraschino ride 🍒

• Haha
Unlock it :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

The Kim Petras solo version she did was excellent, especially the crowd Woo-Ah!

Please note that as of a week or two ago the song is now known as Unlock It (Lock It), which has been sending certain last.fm-using fans INSANE :D

I always forget Jay Park is on this until his verse starts. how did THAT happen?

The 'Beautiful' tag is a sample from A. G. Cook's Beautiful, one of the early PC Music staple tracks :disco:

The 'Beautiful' tag is a sample from A. G. Cook's Beautiful, one of the early PC Music staple tracks :disco:
I really enjoyed reading about how AG and Sophie both just full on STANNED Charli from the first moment they were invited to meet at her place in LA, in his extended eulogy for SOPHIE.

The fucking OUTRO! Pop 2 was all about the outros, really.
I feel like she tried to replicate that on various tracks from how I'm feeling now with... varying degrees of success

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom