Charli XCXssentials / general charles chat

3am is the song that caught my attention and convinced me to STAN. Up until I heard it I think I only knew boom clap and I love it.

I love 3AM (Pull Up)! Even if it sounds like it could be used for a nappy advert.

3am is pretty underrated! I love the general soundscape of N1A to death. it's fun, it's sexy, it's cute and soft in places... so good.

Reactions: COB
ILY2 is RIGHT UP THERE! what a fucking TUNE! there's a dimension somewhere in which this was #1 for six months.

• Love
now i have STANNED Emotional quite religiously. she seems to have a lot of insecurity about her vocals in general but I think she emotes so well on this song. def the least robotic, most human moment on N1A.

this secret is risky
so we have to keep all these fantasies
to ourself...

*dies*

Big in Germany :disco: 🇩🇪

hqdefault.jpg

She didn't do anything from N1A (or before) when we saw her live, but I'd have loved to sing along to this while crying :o (I mean I did that ANYWAY when she did Official, but still)

She didn't do anything from N1A (or before) when we saw her live, but I'd have loved to sing along to this while crying :o (I mean I did that ANYWAY when she did Official, but still)
Official is such a lesser Emotional though. that album disappointed me so much (sorry to HARP ON)!

Tears is my current favourite Charli song.

so fucking boppy. every part rolls into the next so smoothly and Caroline absolutely SLAYS IT! That cracked adlib going into the 2nd chorus :o I hear GOD!

I'm sure I've said it before (probably AD NAUSEUM at this point), but Caroline's bloodcurdling croaks on this are one of the best things I've ever heard :disco:

quick moment of respite from the back to back classics now with this 2k21 No Rome/1975 collab that's basically just a Charli banger.

I look so good dressed in NOTHIN'

easily one of the best songs of this year so far.

Surprised we haven't had the most iconic Charli collaboration of them all yet! I am of course talking about SPICY :eyes:

now to two cuts from how I'm feeling now - Claws serving straight up DIY vibes. probably could've used another verse or a proper middle 8, but it was basically written and produced in one week so we'll forgive. proper FUN BOUNCE to this one!

I like I like I like I like the how i'm feeling now album a lot, although it's SO linked to that first lockdown for me that I find it hard to listen to in full without it taking me back there mentally (not always the best place to me!).

I appreciate the achievement of the lockdown album but most songs just needed 5 more minutes in the oven.

I proper fucking love the beat on i finally understand - Charles dipping her toes in UK garage and riding it like a boss. this one doesn't get enough love.

my therapist said I hate myself really bad...

("it's true, she really said that" :basil: fave moment from her ig lives last spring)

I like I like I like I like the how i'm feeling now album a lot, although it's SO linked to that first lockdown for me that I find it hard to listen to in full without it taking me back there mentally (not always the best place to me!).
I get that. and as Zen said it totally needed a bit longer to gestate. I think she (like all of us) thought it would be over in 6 weeks and she just needed to do something creatively in that time. if ONLY SHE'D KNOWN.

swerving back now to True Romance for You (Ha Ha Ha) which besides being an amazing song title is also a RIGHT OLD BANGER!

that restless glitchy beat, the kiss-off lyrics (I got to PHASE YOU out my ZONE)... it's all too much. stop, stop, he's already dead!

There is something a lot more emotional about her voice at this point, with less processing on it (or just DIFFERENT processing :eyes:).

different processing indeed! she sounds amazing though.

Set My Free I included because I feel like sonically and vocally it's the most mature song on the debut. the switch up between the colder verses and the warm, floaty chorus is divine.

Body of My Own is a bit of its own thing on Sucker as well - a bit more electro and less bratz doll rock-pop, but still with that rebellious Brit goes to LA spirit.

(possibly these words were meaningless.)

Babygirl is SO 80s! serving a bit of How Will I Know synthpop realness :disco:

the moment when Uffie comes SWINGING IN like the drunkest girl at the party is FABULOUS!

velvetine crush 💕

I honestly thought Uffie was LONG LONG GONE from music, then up she popped on this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom