Cheap Pizza Express for EVERYONE!

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
So the chancellor is giving out 50% vouchers for certain restaurants Monday to Wednesday to help BOOST THE ECONOMY! :eyes:

Perhaps more constructively the VAT on food and entertainment has been cut to 5% for six months!

Don't forget JOB SCHEMES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE!

THE ECONOMY HAS BEEN SAVED!

Finding Pizza Express vouchers at ANY time is NOT DIFFICULT!

"The discount will not apply to alcohol, but to food and soft drinks up to £10 per person."

Big whoop. Now where's my £500?

Yeah, you can get a 2 for £1.49 voucher for Pizza Express at any time surely :shock: Thankfully I'm a big fan so will be getting stuck right into this deal, post-lockdown weight loss pending.

Was this ever going to be an actual thing? I'd love £500 right now!

Festivals start booking acts for the next year the minute they're over, so all of this years acts, hire, sites etc will have been agreed and by the time it comes to selling tickets again the discount is over. Wank. Enjoy drinking in wetherspoons for the rest of eternity. That said, illegal raves and free parties will be all the rage for the next few years.

Aw I want the £500 to go shopping

I have no interest in eating at a pizza express unless SuRie will be there

What a SHIT idea. None of this will get passed onto the customer or the staff and it'll make people pack places out before we're anywhere near a place where we should be doing so. It's fucking embarrasing.

Rishi Sunak teams with BOOHOO in brand new YOUTH JOB SCHEME.

Get them all in the sweatshops knitting road man bags for £3.50/ph :disco:

Reactions: GNL
I wonder how many of the pubs that charged £5.00+ for a pint before lockdown will reduce their prices to £4.40 from next Wednesday. This might be a job for science.

I can’t think of anything worse than going out for a socially distanced meal, even with 50% off.

Eating out is supposed to be a pleasure not a risk assessed chore with face coverings and hand sanitizer in tow.

I ate alone at a KFC on Monday evening. The seating area was entirely segregated into narrow cubicles with high boarding for pairs, with slightly larger areas for larger groups.

It had all the glamour and allure (and nutritional value) of a shooting gallery.

Surely that isn't even worth a Dr Oetker pizza

Was there anything remotely useful in all this? This backdoor tax break for Wetherspoons and training people for jobs that don't exist is all I can see. Useless.

I wonder how many of the pubs that charged £5.00+ for a pint before lockdown will reduce their prices to £4.40 from next Wednesday. This might be a job for science.

Is VAT coming down to 5% on alcohol too?

I don’t understand this
giphy.gif

The thing with eating out is that for me it’s usually just a precursor to something after. There’s still nowhere to go after, so a meal out isn’t something i miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom