Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cher's hatred of this song is proof of her questionable taste in her own material

The Geffen years (87-92) are my favourite overall Chair era and while I'd rank Just Like Jesse James below several other singles from this period, it's still 10/10

It's not my favourite..

Credit to DC and DW, this sounds like it could have been another narrative based 70s #1 and the crossover into country surely played a huge part in Cher being completely stunned it became a US hit without her having any sense of its momentum (although I'm not aware if it was embraced that way genre-wise on radio?)

It is a shame we never got a proper video as Cher was at such a peak, both visually and vocally (although I prefer the range and lustre of what we get on Stars and It's A Man's World). Just imagine if we got a Herb Ritts moment out of it..

It’s not her best, but it’s right up there. Absolute magnificence.

It's brilliant, its magnificent compared to most of the stuff released at the moment, but for me, its not her best.

Obviously there are many options but I think it is probably my favourite Cher.

Some days this is my FAVOURITE CHER.

Other days it’s SAVE UP ALL YOUR TEARS, outfit AND ALL.

right up there with One By One and Believe. a hard 10.

of course she hates it. artists always have terrible taste in their own music.

Other days it’s SAVE UP ALL YOUR TEARS, outfit AND ALL.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Save Up All Your Tears is a 15/10 screamathon and the pinnacle of this Cher era. It only flopped in the charts because it was so powerful that the world would have spun off its axis had it been a hit

It never runs out of steam.

Red light Biker Grandma was a tough sell for the kids, but I think it did not bad going BB top 40.

"Ahhhh don't know where I'll sleep tonight" :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom