Cheryl No Longer Relevant

To be fair she doesn't have a visible career. Her music has all flopped and her main vehicle the X-Factor is barely a talking point (not sure if she's on it or not).

fair do's really

No one cares about her anymore

yeah, cause madam tussaud's is the epitome of relevance.

not to defend this lack of taste/waste of space but blame yourself for your poor judgement on whom to make a shoddy wax replica of for braindeads to take selfies with, madam fucking tussaud's.

Bearing in mind they routinely retire waxworks all the time it is getting a huge amount of coverage.

Surely more relevant than a wax museum. I'll never understand the appeal of it.

Last edited:
In other news I heard Sonia’s version of You To Me Are Everything playing in a public place yesterday. Still relevant!

yeah, cause madam tussaud's is the epitome of relevance.

not to defend this lack of taste/waste of space but blame yourself for your poor judgement on whom to make a shoddy wax replica of for braindeads to take selfies with, madam fucking tussaud's.

I was talking with my other half last night about this (gay household debates Cherly in 2019 - still 5% relevant then) who said the same as you and how stupid it was to have her in the first place.

I have NEVER been (and can't imagine it being anything other than dreary. Happy to be proved wrong) but have they not had these sorts of celebrities for years? It's not like Cheryl wasn't huge for awhile. Inevitably they have to clear out the wax fillers when new A-listers crop up.

I see Dua Lipa has one which seems a tad premature.

This must surely be very common with anyone alive whose likeness is in there? Even if it's over, she had one hell of a run for someone who entered a singing contest on the telly in 2002.

I've not been to Tussaud's since I took my niece about 15/20 years ago, but yes, you do have to stand and wait to get your photos taken with some of them. And I can well imagine that Cheryl would have been one of the most popular with the UK tourists a few years back.

Imagine going to Madam Tussauds and taking a picture with a waxwork celeb? I can't think of anything more fucking tragic. If I saw that pop up on my Facebook feed it would be an instant delete.

I don't see it as any more (or less) tragic than paying for a meet and greet.

Reactions: GNL
Some of them are fantastic.

brHhbbN.png

Can't tell which one is the real Leonardo. :side-eye:

leonardo-dicaprio-1522698950.png

Imagine going to Madam Tussauds and taking a picture with a waxwork celeb? I can't think of anything more fucking tragic. If I saw that pop up on my Facebook feed it would be an instant delete.

Why can't you just let people live their lives? It's not people's choice to be born wanting to take pictures with waxwork celebrities at Madam Tussauds, that's just the way they are. I have a friend at work who takes pictures with waxwork celebrities at Madam Tussauds and he's honestly one of the nicest people you could meet. Done with your ignorance to be honest Jark.

Well this just brings the launch date of the inevitable Girls Aloud reunion just a few years closer.

"Girls Aloud: LIVE at the [insert local venue depending on how sales go] TOUR 201X*"

*Venue subject to change
*Line up subject to change
*Amount of loathing permeating from each group member subject to probably not a lot of change

But yes, they melt these things down all the time. They even melt down the people that are still popular to make new ones of them in their updated forms. The fact that Chezza's PR team (which I now presume doesn't exist) couldn't put a lid on this speaks the true volumes though.

Even if Nadine continues to hold out, a four-piece reunion must look ever more attractive to the others considering how their solo ventures are going.

Is Kimberley even technically still in showbusiness at this point?

Kimberley is about to open in Big The Musical in London's Glittering West End!

I stand corrected!

Is the thread concerning her album release in Moopy Gold? If not, it really should be.

Even if Nadine continues to hold out, a four-piece reunion must look ever more attractive to the others considering how their solo ventures are going.

Is Kimberley even technically still in showbusiness at this point?
Kimberleh is probably the only one making new money these days!

Though, in the short-term, West End money won't ever be the same as proper pop star money.

Fuck knows how KIM is getting those West End roles now though, given that her pop group profile is ROCK BOTTOM and she can't ACTUALLY SING.

The fact that Kimberley is arguably the most successful in her chosen field is mindboggling.

What is Sarah Harding up to these days? Did the RSC snap her up after that Corrie stint?

Where IS that thread where we watched the horror unfold live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom