Cheryl - PARACHUTE

I don't need a parachute, baby if I've got you

• Total voters
Sorry but this is SO ELEGANT

I know we all HATE HER outside of Girls Aloud, Call My Name, the SWAN DIVE and other things that don't include Crazy, Stupid, Love and The Flood but IMAGINE a song of this quality being TOSSED OUT as single three these days.

I don't tell anyone about the way you hold my hand
Don't tell anyone about the things that we have planned
Won't tell anybody
Won't tell anybody

TBH Dua probably COULD and WOULD but WHATEVER!

I don't need a parachute, baby if I've got you
Baby if I've got you, I don't need a parachute
You're gonna catch me,
You're gonna catch if I fall

Did Liam catch her? I don't think he did :(

Screen-Shot-2019-07-11-at-9.28.33-AM.png

Anyway, 10/10 as all three of those first three singles were. Utterly flawless. Especially considering what a DRIP as a pop star she was overall.

I never liked Cheryl as a PERSON or a POPSTAR, but she had some bangers. This isn't one of them though. I never got the fuss. I think it's bland and repetitive, and she sounds bored.

I always thought the "DOWN DOWN DOWN" bit sounds so Madonna. Like a feature.

Anyway, I quite liked it on re-listen but I generally am on the same page as Nance. A bit DRAB but catchy.

A solid 9. Not quite up to the standards of 3 Words (what a song), but really solid. When its all said and done, she had a number of great singles

Where is the 11 option??

I adore this song. It's very well-written and compelling. It was also released when @Tisch and I first started dating so it's very wrapped up with the excitement of that time for me.

Her first album is so good. I miss that level of songwriting from her team

The whole album (well most of it) remains amazing to this day. It's really quite astounding that she has something like THAT under her name.

I was going to say that Liam pic almost gets me :D posed and position to within an inch of its life, but then the reflection makes it look like he’s a good 30kg heavier

Not one of my fave singles of hers, but looking back it was very decent, I love the video

Updated Cherly 'The Voice' Cole Top 8 (2021 edition):

1. Call MY Name
2. FIGHT For THIS Love
3. Pair of SHOES
4. Promise THIS
5. The Flood
6. I DON'T CARE
7. 3 Words
8. ONLY Human

Last edited:
Also sometimes I have moments to ONLY Human. But I'm not sure if that's enough to upgrade it to a top 8. Whatever next, a Cherly Top 10!?

Vocodor- & Autotune-tastic except of course this time featuring The Voice. Imogen Heap eat your heart out!

01 Fight for This Love
02 Call My Name
03 Parachute
04 3 Words
05 Stand Up
06 I Don't Care
07 Waiting
08 A Million Lights
09 Love Made me do it

Bubbling under: Heartbreaker, Let You, Under the Sun, The Flood

What a CAREER

Users who are viewing this thread