Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
I noticed a bit of chatter in the Disney+ thread about this, but fancy that, no thread :o

SO what did we think?

I know @dUb and @COB had thoughts (and a suggestion that the less information you had pre-watch, the better, so I'll spoiler this):

It was interesting at the very least - Roger Rabbit could just be interesting because it was sort of the first one of its kind, but it's 2022 so everything has to be META. And this was so META it was reaching sort of event horizon. I felt it was wobbling along a tightrope, sometimes it felt so pleased with how smart it was that you didn't think it would make it, but somehow it got away with it.

So many Easter Eggs, much more than even Wreck-it Ralph, almost a critical mass of them - were they seriously all from Disney/affiliate properties? That was mindboggling. I mean of course you had all the random Disney characters and Saturday morning, and other famous kids cartoons like He-man and Skeletor (you BOOB), just so many ... I need to watch one of those beastly "things you missed" videos to get through them.

UGLY SONIC :D! I feel like they just knew COB and I were going to watch this

I couldn't work out who it was made for - if it wasn't for kids then the Chip is a prick, Dale is a twat storyline was a bit basic and hammered us over the head. But if it was for kids, then the cheese crack-den was a bit too much?

Anyway, it was a fun movie - possibly it would've been better if I'd been a Chip n Dale Stan in the first place - do these people exist? I mean I remember watching it fairly regularly, isn't that enough?

sanic GIF

Genuinely the best film I’ve seen in ages :D

Certainly the best comedy at the very least

Loved it!

And no, lots of the character cameos are from non-Disney studios and nobody knows how they swung it :disco:

Such a lot of fun ! I did used to love chip ‘n dale, hardly remember anything from it but still enjoyed a lot

It must have made an impression at the time, because EVERY time I've ever seen the Monterey Jack cheese I've thought about that character with his twizzly moustache and Kaa eyes

I really enjoyed it, I used to love Chip n Dale and I found this a wonderfully modern reintroduction and extremely clever.

I’m surprised there was no mention of Duck Tales, maybe they were fierce rivals or something.

Actually wasn’t there a reboot of that?!

I keep remembering things I didn’t mention

The uncanny valley :D
The spoof movies! Lego Miserables :D
Bootleg Pooh :D “Bo borba :(

This won an Emmy for Outstanding TV Movie!

AS IT SHOULD :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom