Christina Aguilera - Fighter

PLAYIN' THE VICTIM NOW

Results are only viewable after voting.
I appreciate it for what it is, but it's probably not even in my top ten songs on Stripped.

10. a hard classic. I don't revisit much but when I do it hits the spot.

I do believe she could have had a few decent sized latter-career solo hits if she'd actually bothered to PROMOTE any of them.

Your Body actually did quite well based on the promo being the VIDEO alone (has it ever had a TV performance?). Just A Fool again was a US hit waiting to happen that she didn't promote either, and I'm positive that Lift Me Up could have been one of her career classics if she'd done ANYTHING to capitalise on the momentum she had after the live performance she did of it.

There's probably quite a few other examples also, but I can't be bothered TRAWLING through the discography :D

ARTISTRY trumps PROMOTION, say! HA! :disco:

She's prepping for her ORCHESTRAL TOUR which looks AMAZING to be honest

A friend of mine (we had "bionic brunch" in New York aka going out for brunch at spending the entirety listening to Bionic) went and she - I quote - "GOT HER LIFE". So much foghorning, so many "SAY"s and "HA!"s. God bless.

In a way, you could almost say the same thing happened to Gaga 7 or 8 years later. She was "the moment" and then she returned an overwrought follow-up with a sub-par lead single. Just a shorter interval between Fame Monster and Born This Way.
Except Joanne has, is, and always will be *the moment*

What happened post-Stripped was really incredible. The moment her ego got in the way at such an early stage of her career practically rendered her obsolete commercial-wise Poor thing never recovered (except maybe for 5 minutes thanks to Burlesque?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom