CHRISTMAS TV 2020 INCLUDING NETFLIX AND OTHER PLACES AS WELL AS TV

For some reason I used to think the BBC schedule was great at Christmas. If this is anything to go by, it was even more dreadful then than it is now.

Birds of a Feather
The Generation Game
Paul Daniels
Jim Davidson's Big Break
Noel Edmond's House Party

Those were the days most of us had only 4 tv channels to choose from, so we did actually watch that dreck. :zombie:

We never had a TV listing magazine at home growing up - we just made do with the daily listing in the papers. I'm fairly sure the weekly listings in the weekend papers didn't become a thing until well into the 80s - or at least not in the papers my parents read. But at Christmas we got the Radio Times and I remember it feeling like a huge event.

My Gran always had the TV Times, and needless to say that was always shit.

The day full TV channel listings were published in all TV magazines was deeply exciting when I was 9.

For some reason I used to think the BBC schedule was great at Christmas. If this is anything to go by, it was even more dreadful then than it is now.

Birds of a Feather
The Generation Game
Paul Daniels
Jim Davidson's Big Break
Noel Edmond's House Party

Those were the days most of us had only 4 tv channels to choose from, so we did actually watch that dreck. :zombie:

AAAWWW, BACK WHEN PAULINE AND LINDA WERE FRIENDS

Presumably we'll get new opening titles for Birds Of A Feather with Pauline removed?

Well, I see 'we', but I have no intention of watching it.

We’d have different coloured pens to circle for each member of the family and stars to put by things to tape.

did all of this!

I’m sure if spreadsheets had existed then I’d have put them to good use too

Love the awkward times for them all. Home Alone is apparently 25 minutes long and Eurovision 40 minutes but Tom Holland’s Umbrella performance is half an hour!

Very much enjoyed the first of two Xmas specials of Meet the Richardsons. I think the best bits of the programme might be the reactions to clips of their tv appearances.

'Every mistake made by the people I love strengthens me' though :D

I really must pay closer attention to TV listings. Still, being Dave I'm sure it's repeated multiple times

Such a relief to read today that Mrs Brown's Boys will have Christmas specials until AT LEAST 2026

(as long as it isn't shifted from the 10pm Xmas Day slot)

Channel 4's alternative Christmas message this year is from a deepfake version of the Queen.

The cut to the picture of Prince Andrew :eyes: I'm sure ofcom are bracing for impact.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom