CHVRCHES - Screen Violence (New Album) + Singles

Well thats really exciting! I never really got into the last album (or gave it much of a chance) but their first two are some of my favorites. The way they've described it, with the influences, makes it sound like it will be a change of pace for them.

I kind of disagree with her claim that its not the time for frilly music kind though. Music has been my biggest distraction/escape this year.

Oooohh here for this! The third album was a bit of a miss for me but I’m still very much on board!

Very ready!

Haven't listened for a while but the third album was great. Every Open Eye is one of my favourites from that mid 10's era. Love them a lot.

Every Open Eye is SO GOOD. the first five tracks are fucking synthpop dynamite. after Clearest Blue i usually need a good LIE DOWN.

the third album was crap but quite happy to pretend it never happened and say I cannot wait for Chvrches to pop a rocket up my gunny again.

Oh yay. Same as everyone, been a bit diminishing returns but I love their 80s vibe. Sounds like they’re going a bit darker but still 80s which sounds interesting

the album is called Screen Violence and the song titles are serving concept theme :disco:

01 nightmares
02 better if you don't
03 final girl
04 he said she said
05 california
06 asking for a friend
07 lullabies
08 how not to drown
09 violent delights
10 good girls

Impromptu CHVRCHES top 10

1. The Mother We Share
  2. Recover
  3. Get Out
  4. Keep You On My Side
  5. Gun
  6. Get Away
  7. Miracle
  8. Clearest Blue
  9. Leave A Trace
  10. Deliverance

I panicked for a moment when I thought they'd dropped off my top 50 most played artists, but there they were at 40 between Bloc Party and Bananarama.

I expect it will grow but I don't love it on first listen - it feels a bit stop-starty. Get Out was much better and that was from the (not that bad) album that everyone didn't like very much.

I love it on first listen. It does kind of sound like everything they do, but thats not a bad thing

new one is out and it's proper brilliant.

I liked He Said She Said but this is much better. I love when they’re so melancholy.
Robert Smith should make an album of stuff like this and Not In Love.

This is a significant improvement on He Said She Said which had little replay value for me. It feels a bit more industrial sounding than their usual stuff, less sweetly synthy.

Tether came on after and it still almost makes me cry

This is finally out today. I haven’t had the chance to listen yet but I’ve heard it’s a return to form after the last album

I gave it a listen this morning. I'm not sure why they went with He Said She Said as lead, which was worse than most of the last album - this is a real step up and harks back to their earlier stuff in places.

California, Final Girl and Violent Delights (:disco:) stood out of the new songs.

ok this album is QUITE GOOD innit? I thought I was probably at the end of my relationship with Chvrches to be honest but this has pulled me right back in.

the back half in particular is fantastic - Lullabies is such a gorgeous soft dream of a song. really beautiful. 🕊️ Final Girl is also excellent, and Better If You Don't is kinda new territory for them.

loving Lauren's embrace of her natural Scottish accent throughout also! :disco: if there's a tour I think I'll go. Every Open Eye tour was SO good.

Yes this is a really good tight collection of songs. He Said She Said is still not a favourite, but it is more acceptable as part of the album than on its own as lead single. Final Girl is so good though.

Agree about the gorgeousness of Lullabies, wonderful chorus. I think Lauren has a very appealing voice, when not going too far in the EMO direction.

New cover version:

Three new songs on the deluxe:

Killer is the NMF selection but the other two songs are better.

3 new songs. For a "deluxe". Someone needs a dictionary.

Isn't a few extra songs fairly standard for a deluxe/special edition? Better that than acoustic or live versions. It looks like it is digital only for now anyway.

3 new songs for a deluxe is just fine! I don't want unfinished/subpar stuff added for the sake of it.

Killer is excellent. as in original album top 4. I'll dive into the others soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom