City Skylines

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
This is the game I was talking about watching on YouTube instead of playing it, but I did finally download it on my laptop, it’s available on some consoles though, but god knows why anyone would try to play a game like this with a joypad.

anyway it’s basically Sim City

anyone played it?

Yes, I was obsessed with it when it first came out. It's great fun and captures the SimCity gameplay much better than the more recent proper SimCity entries.

I downloaded it again the other week but haven't got round to getting back into it

Yes, I was obsessed with it when it first came out. It's great fun and captures the SimCity gameplay much better than the more recent proper SimCity entries.

I downloaded it again the other week but haven't got round to getting back into it
I’ve not been in the right head for it lately, I made A town and just sort of mechanically continued it, but watching some youtubers having a bit more foresight made me want to start again.

I keep watching someone called Biffa fixing other peoples’ cities’ horrific traffic jams. It’s sort of therapeutic

I downloaded this last year but it seemed quite intimidating. I do like a city builder though :disco:

The only proper successor to SimCity. There's basically no reason NOT to own this game.

Is this the one that’s absolutely MASSIVE and you can build proper cities with huge scale, unlike the other sims which are like cartoon versions of cities?

I think I saw a YouTube video of someone fixing someone’s traffic intersection problems and it looked amazing but also bloody complex! I’d love a go but I prefer it when you don’t have to worry about money and taxes and unhappy people etc :D I just wanna build pretty roads and buildings

Is this the one that’s absolutely MASSIVE and you can build proper cities with huge scale, unlike the other sims which are like cartoon versions of cities?

I think I saw a YouTube video of someone fixing someone’s traffic intersection problems and it looked amazing but also bloody complex! I’d love a go but I prefer it when you don’t have to worry about money and taxes and unhappy people etc :D I just wanna build pretty roads and buildings

Taxes and those sorts of things just seem to be like vague tweaks but otherwise inessential. I think there's an infinite money mode too, so don't worry about that. You DO sort of need to keep people happy, but basically as long as they have power, water and basic amenities it's not such a fight.

This is the game I was talking about watching on YouTube instead of playing it, but I did finally download it on my laptop, it’s available on some consoles though, but god knows why anyone would try to play a game like this with a joypad.

anyway it’s basically Sim City

anyone played it?
Yeah I’ve got it on PS4. I got it at the same time as a few other games so I never played it that intensively, but I think I might whip it out tonight after this.

Disappointing to click on this and see it’s not about actual city skylines :D
Just for you, the skyline of Britain’s most bustling metropolis, Cheadle.
360-o2.gif

Taxes and those sorts of things just seem to be like vague tweaks but otherwise inessential. I think there's an infinite money mode too, so don't worry about that. You DO sort of need to keep people happy, but basically as long as they have power, water and basic amenities it's not such a fight.
Just make sure to have enough funeral homes and graveyards, because everyone ages at once so you would get waves of death through the city as all the old dears died at once. (I think this bug has been fixed but it was around for months after release)

Mr M plays it quite a lot, it's a great game (although I do secretly prefer the older SimCities)

their business model for dlc can go fuck itself though

I also clicked on the link thinking it was about actual city skylines.

It sounds like the type of game I should like though. Can I play it on my phone? 🙃

I’ve seen videos of this before and it looks right up my street, but I don’t think there’s a mobile/iOS version :(

Disappointing to click on this and see it’s not about actual city skylines :D
Oh i had a huge topic here back in the day about skyscrapers. Yeah wonder if it’s now in the mopsy black hole :(

Well I made a new town, using the forethought from YouTube. It just feels the same though :/ just “oh I need more homes AGAIN” but don’t have much money, so it’s growing square by square

Diddy please share pics of HOT SKYLINE :disco:

I love the idea of city builders like this as I used to love Sim City and Transport Tycoon as a kid, but I find them so complex and intimidating now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom