Where Are The Velvets? A Suedey Tori Amos Top 51

Thanks for the idea @Iguana :disco:

Torn.jpg

Is the topic open for fiery debate or are you accepting no dissension? I briefly couldn’t remember if dissension was spelt with a t where the final s is. I need to up my reading.

In the tradition of SAY which FLAVOUR you like and I'll HAVE it For YOU: The Suedey Madonna Top 50, the song referenced in the thread title may or may not feature in the top 50.

Is the topic open for fiery debate or are you accepting no dissension? I briefly couldn’t remember if dissension was spelt with a t where the final s is. I need to up my reading.
Oh fiery debate all the way like the volcano goddesses and faeries please. This is Tori we're talking about!

It's painful that Tori isn't fond of She's Your Cocaine :(
I can see why to be honest - not so much the song but its positioning & association with Choirgirl. It's rather jarring on the album and sticks out as its only minor blip. That being said I love the Legs & Boots performances. I

I can see why to be honest - not so much the song but its positioning & association with Choirgirl. It's rather jarring on the album and sticks out as its only minor blip. That being said I love the Legs & Boots performances. I
Oh I think it fits on Choirgirl really well! It's a real TITS OUT monent (along with Raspberry Swirl) :disco:

Oh I think it fits on Choirgirl really well! It's a real TITS OUT monent (along with Raspberry Swirl) :disco:
Sonically it fits but lyrically not so much. 'Raspberry Swirl' may not be about her miscarriage(s) but it's a sisterhood moment. Cocaine lyrically feels jarring. It's more of a Pele vibe in that sense...

I’ve been listening to Juarez and Riot Poof and decided they should have extended 20 minute versions where they just continue on a loop.

She’s Your Cocaine is grand, I like it, but it wouldn’t be in my Top 50.

Well I'm still listening to Legs & Boots Boston

The 'Teenage Hustling' version is particularly intense :disco:

You better know you better FUCKing know
FUCK you!

I'm just going through my Excel spreadsheets and all that jazz. But I'm on my 3rd glass of rosé and really I don't want to get carried away and replace 'Sugar' with 'Hoochie Woman' or something because it seemed like a good idea a the time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom