Conan Gray - Overdrive

VoR

Take it or leave it
I had a listen to the top 40 tonight in an attempt to keep a fingernail on the pulse.

In between all the identikit vocoder-heavy midtempo rap songs about how great pussy tastes ( :zombie: ) this guy really jumped out.

His lyrics definitely lean towards late-teens/early 20s earnestness, but there's definitely something there. Maniac in particular is quite the bop :disco:

Last edited:
not been following him too closely and Maniac is a bit shit but Overdrive is pretty fantastique!

let's put it in the thread title as it's the current single? @Moderator

His album last year was a bit of guilty pleasure, not that I really believe in them. I have listened to Maniac, Wish You Were Sober, Fight or Flight, and Checkmate A LOT.

I find Heather a bit much now, but if it had come out when I was in high school, I would have been obsessed.

Yes! The lyrics of heather are very clear about it

I’ll have to look that one up!

Proper video:

Obviously the chorus is great but the yelpy AAAH-UUUH-OH parts are another highlight.

I’m having a bit of a moment to this Olivia Rodrigo attempt from Conan

Nothing post-Heather really seems to have taken, has it? Bit of a shame.

Reactions: RJN
No real hits but he gets a lot of streams and I think is pretty popular among teenagers so it’s something

Yeah his streams on Spotify look pretty impressive, even if not enough to dent many charts.

I still love Overdrive and Maniac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom