Votes: 0 0.0%

• -

• Total voters
Its YouTube and Spotify numbers are curiously unspectacular... :shock:

I'm not saying it doesn't have a strong chance of winning, but the vibe I really get is that the international (online) fanbase have really latched onto it but the Swedish public aren't really THAT fussed, beyond it obviously winning the heat.

As I just posted, it's only the fourth highest-charting of the finalists in this week's chart.

#3 Klara
#4 Medina
#5 Anders
#8 Cornelia

Its best chance of winning is probably Anders and Klara tanking the juries, which I can very much see happening.

I have a sense it might have a much bigger audience among more casual consumers of music (your middle-aged types who like a "PROPER SONG"), but yeah - I don't think its strength is likely to be in a runaway win with the public (though if it does get one with these kinds of streaming figures then it's going to be game, set and match in Turin)

But when you consider the voting groups, how many people in the 45-59, 60-74 and 75+ (and throw in the 3-9 too) actually use Spotify? I don’t think it’s the be all and end all of what will and won’t do well with the televote?

But when you consider the voting groups, how many people in the 45-59, 60-74 and 75+ (and throw in the 3-9 too) actually use Spotify? I don’t think it’s the be all and end all of what will and won’t do well with the televote?
Yeah, this - probably more than in most countries as Sweden's basically the global leader in Spotify penetration, but I sense most of those upper age groups (maybe less so 45-59) will probably still consume a lot of music via radio. 3-9 probably use Spotify family accounts.

If anything though, if its voting strength lies with groups that don't use Spotify much, then it having pretty good numbers anyway on Spotify would be a really positive sign.

I think recency bias is inflating the streaming figures of certain songs/throwaway bops anyway :eyes:

QUESTION for those who know these things:

can we expect much of the audience for the final to not have heard the songs already or should we assume most of those interested have already been watching?

It's the most watched show of the year by miles. The final usually gets the highest ratings, but not by a huge margin. The majority will have heard everything already.

I am GAGGING for the (surely improved) Finals performance of this.
I find the Semi One performance quite frustrating to watch as it shows such glimmers of GREATNESS, but is flubbed by questionable camera work and poor Cornelia trying to pour her heart out in a nearly-EMPTY arena with the audience that did attend basically being a TODDLERS PARTY :D

I think if they can iron out some of the obvious kinks in presentation it has the best chance of being a bit of a :wow: moment in the MF final.

QUESTION for those who know these things:

can we expect much of the audience for the final to not have heard the songs already or should we assume most of those interested have already been watching?
Here was 2020's most viewed programmes in Sweden (@VoR's only just wrong - it's the most watched programme of the year in Sweden by miles that isn't Donald Duck)

EtFegRLXIAAb0IG

I’ve asked before and not got a straight answer so I’m not hugely confident this time, but what’s wrong with the staging?

I think if you’re expecting it to be “vastly improved” for the final you’ll probably be disappointed - I’m pretty sure that’s how it was intended.

Reactions: dUb
I’ve asked before and not got a straight answer so I’m not hugely confident this time, but what’s wrong with the staging?

I think if you’re expecting it to be “vastly improved” for the final you’ll probably be disappointed - I’m pretty sure that’s how it was intended.
I think if anyone’s expecting any major changes staging wise for Eurovision (should she win) they’ll also be disappointed..

Yeah, I have no issues whatsoever with the staging. Her wandering around the stage/spinning the circle thing fits the feel of the song and adds to the "authenticity" :eyes: And when she looks into the camera, she really CONNECTS!

I'd not quite picked up the first time around how much she looks like her heart is literally breaking LIVE ON TELEVISION in the shot at the 2:36-37 point and it really is QUITE SOMETHING

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I think the camerawork is a case of “ooooh! Let’s recreate Voila!!!”

I'm here for Penelope's second-by-second analysis! Also that second is one of my favourite seconds

Spotted this in the comments:

She told us in an interview that there were a couple of issues with the staging during the semi. The lighting will be different in the final and the camera work will be better. Also, her mother is giving her outfit an upgrade. I am excited!

I think the camerawork is a case of “ooooh! Let’s recreate Voila!!!”
Well sort of, but it's nowhere near as produced and slick as Voila's camerawork. At first I kind of wanted it to be, but I think it works rough around the edges now. (also in honesty, it's probably for the best that it doesn't very consciously do what Voila did otherwise it'd get quite a lot of copycat accusations - it's only really the 'following into another room' intimate shot that really feels that close to it)

I'm here for Penelope's second-by-second analysis! Also that second is one of my favourite seconds

Spotted this in the comments:

She told us in an interview that there were a couple of issues with the staging during the semi. The lighting will be different in the final and the camera work will be better. Also, her mother is giving her outfit an upgrade. I am excited!
You know the INSANITY IS NIGH when I'm getting out the TIMESTAMPS FOR THE POSTS :disco:

Yeah I don’t see the issue with the camerawork either, it seemed like a conscious choice to me. Can’t pick out a shot that strikes me as below par. But hey, if she said she’ll be doing it better then I’m sure there must be room for improvement and I look forward to seeing it…

I still can't quite get past that moment when she fails to spin the shitty looking paper lantern, but maybe it's just me...

Reactions: Hak
Here was 2020's most viewed programmes in Sweden (@VoR's only just wrong - it's the most watched programme of the year in Sweden by miles that isn't Donald Duck)
It's usually Melodifestivalen vs the Donald but what's on top changes from year to year. Here's the 2019 figures:

v.png

There's a slight roughness to the overall feel of the perf, but it goes with the raw emotion of the song and her vox. I'm sure it's all deliberately meant to feel that way.

That said, if they've decided to take the Penny's on board and tighten it up a bit, some might get duped into seeing as a "most improved" type and it can win votes. Win win really! (I hope they leave it as it was though)

*Weakly hits disc*

I see she has released a new song today which is interesting timing:

It is quite nice, though she wouldn't be winning Melodifestivalen with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom