Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I only test now if there’s a big meeting I’m keen to get out of.
This is exactly why I tested. Lovely week off work!

Although this time round it is a lot worse and feel a bit grim. I guess it’s only normal now vaccines will be waning a bit.

I'm actually getting a jab on Wednesday. It's been a year since I've had Covid and I didn't have a vaccination or covid since. Flu shot in autumn then.

Does anyone UK know about an online covid sick note? My boss is asking for one but I can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone UK know about an online covid sick note? My boss is asking for one but I can't seem to find anything.
For when you were off? How long were you off for?

There was an isolation note thing at the height of it all, but I've not heard it mentioned for a couple of years now.

I had 4 days off work. I googled it but can't find anything. I think it might save me losing a weeks wages!

I get full pay, so that didn't affect me. But I know that if you had COVID, it wasn't counted towards sick leave totals for a long time. But that stopped at least 18 months ago, I'd say.

I'm not convinced your employers knows what they are asking you for. And they should tell you where to get it, if they do.

I'd try 111 if you can't find it on Google. But I'm wondering if such a thing exists (at least any more) if you can't easily find it.

Do you still need to register a positive test online? If so wouldn’t at be enough as “proof”? Although I had suspicions about a colleague who just continually gave photographs of positive tests. Could have come from anywhere and any time, and he’s the type to fake it.

Fairly sure there's no requirement to register it any more.

I don't think there's anything different that employers should do regarding sick pay. It's just sickness absence like anything else.

Lazy fucks used to blag off work long before Covid, and theres always been cunt bosses who prefer to distrust everyone regardless, nothing has really changed.

One of my coworkers lied and said he had Covid to get out of work, which nobody would have even realized, but he used his company credit card at a bar?

I know there are problems with the NHS, but every time I Google something healthcare related in the Uk (because of something from here) I am impressed with how organized and clear the system is

Our work were even giving people non-recorded sickness allowance for reported adverse reactions to the vaccine. The same person had a 3 day sickness 3 times in a row for each one, particularly when you could pretty much pick and choose your day for the third one (this person doesn’t even work on Fridays so could have bloody chosen a Thursday appointment, but purposely scheduled it for a Monday evening) :manson:

Same person has also been absent for months and I suspect a reported “course” he’s doing to prevent him from coming to the office is a court ordered domestic violence thing, since his ex-wife’s office is opposite ours. We’ve long suspected he can’t come in due to a restraining order.

I know there are problems with the NHS, but every time I Google something healthcare related in the Uk (because of something from here) I am impressed with how organized and clear the system is
Try working in it :bruised:

Honestly since my parents reached 70, I swear they’ve been getting invites to random screenings and double appointments for check-ups they’ve already recently done on a monthly basis. I’m sure it’s not like that everywhere in the country, but they seem to be obsessed with ticking boxes for pensioners to come in for absolutely any possible twinge. Generally couldn’t give a shit about anyone else.

A friend of mine has a mother aged 65 with terminal cancer. I’m not kidding - my relatively healthy parents get more attention from the NHS just for being over 70.

One of my coworkers lied and said he had Covid to get out of work, which nobody would have even realized, but he used his company credit card at a bar?

IMG_4793.gif

Try working in it :bruised:
Honestly since my parents reached 70, I swear they’ve been getting invites to random screenings and double appointments for check-ups they’ve already recently done on a monthly basis. I’m sure it’s not like that everywhere in the country, but they seem to be obsessed with ticking boxes for pensioners to come in for absolutely any possible twinge. Generally couldn’t give a shit about anyone else.

A friend of mine has a mother aged 65 with terminal cancer. I’m not kidding - my relatively healthy parents get more attention from the NHS just for being over 70.
I'm sure, and I've heard other things similar. But just things like being able to google what the sick note policy is, and how people were being told when to get vaccines, is so different than the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom