Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Are you even allowed birthday parties @Dark Carnival ?
Honestly, no one knows what we’re allowed anymore. Last week we were told we’re going into lockdown, which turns out isn’t an actual lockdown but the same curfew we’ve had for months now only with a FORM to fill when we go out. The form was released this weekend, 35 pages and 172 different reasons to choose from, that no one understood so the form got pulled. And now we just need to provide a proof of where we live to make sure we don’t travel between different French régions.

Honestly, no one knows what we’re allowed anymore. Last week we were told we’re going into lockdown, which turns out isn’t an actual lockdown but the same curfew we’ve had for months now only with a FORM to fill when we go out. The form was released this weekend, 35 pages and 172 different reasons to choose from, that no one understood so the form got pulled. And now we just need to provide a proof of where we live to make sure we don’t travel between different French régions.
Even inter-regional travel is possible. My bf left Paris this weekend, with no controls. Whatever this shitshow of a government is doing, it's not a "confinement".

And sorry but asking people to COVID test for your bday is weird. Queens are going to twenty-strong orgies during the curfew, not to mention schools being open and most people being in the office... and you worried about your bday party. Gworl. You ain't Stefani Joanne!

And sorry but asking people to COVID test for your bday is weird. Queens are going to twenty-strong orgies during the curfew, not to mention schools being open and most people being in the office... and you worried about your bday party. Gworl. You ain't Stefani Joanne!
Oh it DID get that reaction from the other queens who were there. But I guess it’s trying to be as responsible as you can, which is fine I guess.

Just don't have a fucking party during lockdown. I know France has different rules but COMMON SENSE and DECENCY!
Babe, everyone is doing "secret" dinners, parties, etc. and then obviously posting them on Insta. It's all very tasteless, but who actually thought France was classy?

Party makes it sound like it was an orgy. There were 7 of us for tea.
From my angle, I've not been into another home since Xmas, and you're having parties and complaining about the entrance test. I'd love some food and drink with my friends and would happily have twenty swabs.

I guess if what Louf says, it's a cultural thing. Not hating on you, just grating behaviour by apparently the French!

Babe, everyone is doing "secret" dinners, parties, etc. and then obviously posting them on Insta. It's all very tasteless, but who actually thought France was classy?
There's no actual restrictions to meeting people anyway. The rest is up to you I guess to decide whether you want to be responsible and keep the people you meet within a 'bubble' or go full-on secret rave party every weekend.

From my angle, I've not been into another home since Xmas, and you're having parties and complaining about the entrance test. I'd love some food and drink with my friends and would happily have twenty swabs.

I guess if what Louf says, it's a cultural thing. Not hating on you, just grating behaviour by apparently the French!
It's still coming across as very patronising specially when you really don't know much about my behaviour aside from the 'haha a bottom is coming over' shit I casually throw in Eurovision rewatch threads. I will not bother going into the details of my current social life (or lack of) to justify anything. That wasn't why I posted in this thread.

It's still coming across as very patronising specially when you really don't know much about my behaviour aside from the 'haha a bottom is coming over' shit I casually throw in Eurovision rewatch threads. I will not bother going into the details of my current social life (or lack of) to justify anything. That wasn't why I posted in this thread.
Well attending a party is coming off as irresponsible. But clearly we're on very different wavelengths.

Well attending a party is coming off as irresponsible. But clearly we're on very different wavelengths.
I said it was 7 of us over for tea. But I bet you haven't met that many people in over FIFTEEN MONTHS. Because you're responsible.

I said it was 7 of us over for tea. But I bet you haven't met that many people in over FIFTEEN MONTHS. Because you're responsible.
I've been in contact with two people without a mask since the current lockdown began. I live with one of them.

It's been shit.

I've been in contact with two people without a mask since the current lockdown began. I live with one of them.

It's been shit.
I've had that during our first lockdown in April of last year. Then during the second lockdown in November. I haven't seen my family in two years now. Christmas alone.

It's been shit for everyone, and the last thing I need is lessons on what's responsible and what's not.

To be clear, I wasn't judging Ms Dark Carnival for her friend's bday party. I was feeling pissed off yesterday at the incoherence of the situation, where we're told we're locked down, but in reality we're not, so everyone is making up their own rules. My gym is open, I can get my hair cut, but I apparently can't leave the region (when I know several people who continue to do so, without any checks). I have generally been Team Macron since his election, but I feel he's lost, and trying to hide behind a bumbling and uncharismatic Prime Minister, when really he is totally out of his depth.

Is a 3rd wave actually incoming? I really thought that we had a long summer of freedom to look forward to.

I think it will depend on whether they lift the travel ban too soon. As much as I want to go away I HOPE NOT.

I really need to get back to some level of normality before I go CRAZY. I know I am far from alone in feeling like that, but by GOD Coronavirus FUCK OFF!

I think a third wave like the previous 2 is pretty unlikely, even with the delay caused by the Indian vaccine issue we’re still due to have everyone vaccinated by the end of June (a month earlier than the target) previous to that issue we were 6 weeks ahead of schedule. In the worst case scenario whereby the EU blocks the maximum amount of exports that would put us back a month, which would mean everyone would have their first vaccine by the end of August.

Yeah I think it's all about when variants start spreading and how effective the vaccines are against them. The UK is in one of the best positions in the world, though. STAY STRONG MY LOVES x

Thanks iguana babes will do how r the kids these days?? xxxx

I think the question if a 3rd wave happens is whether it matters. The vulnerable groups are vaccinated, the rest of us have a vanishingly small chance of serious problems. I hate to be that guy but perhaps at some point "we have to learn to live with the virus"? We can't spend the rest of our lives in fear and not actually living.

Isn’t the whole point of the lockdown to try and control the icu numbers? If these numbers aren’t decreasing then we’re still in the weeds (and here they’re climbing again). It would suck if you needed to be admitted to the hospital and they were at capacity because of COVID.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is likely to work against new variants, researchers have said, following trials in the US and South America.

Latest results show that the jab is 79 per cent effecting at preventing Covid and offers 100 per cent protection against severe disease.

Crucially, the new trial was conducted during a period when worrying new variants were spreading, and therefore demonstrates it is just as effective.

32,449 people across all age groups took part in the phase three trial in the US, Chile and Peru.

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

But the latest YouGov polling shows more than half of people in Germany, and 61% of people in France, believe AstraZeneca is unsafe.

NO! Come on guys, we have a way OUT
I’m afraid some damage is done... specially when you consider these populations (at least the French) were already reluctant with vaccines. AGAIN, FUCK MACRON. I shall be going around pharmacies hunting for unwanted AZ jabs.

Oh, so the latest this morning is:

British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc may have included outdated information from its COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial, the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) said on Tuesday.

The Data and Safety Monitoring Board has notified the drugmaker, NIAID and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority that it was concerned by the information released by AstraZeneca on the initial data from its clinical trial, according to a statement from the NIAID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom