Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
If you are aged 45-49 in England, the NHS website apparently already allows you to book your vaccine. Multiple friends booked appointments this evening for later this week.

This is official now.

Although it's roughly 4 weeks since they did the same for the over 50s, meaning that my age group will be there in about mid June, and at that rate they'd be struggling to meet the end July target.

Oh that was easy. My flatmate (48) booked hers for this week so easily with loads of options for centres to visit, so makes me less anxious for when it comes to my turn. @Indie surely it will be sooner than June for us just because there are comparitively fewer of us compared to the Over-50s

Oh that was easy. My flatmate (48) booked hers for this week so easily with loads of options for centres to visit, so makes me less anxious for when it comes to my turn. @Indie surely it will be sooner than June for us just because there are comparitively fewer of us compared to the Over-50s
I looked at this after Indie's post, 40-45 should go quickly but then we slow down for the 30s.

Do we have any info on where we are at in Scotland??
We're getting a briefing today, so I am sure it will come up. Our population is older and harder to reach, and I think I remember reading that our uptake is higher as well, so we've tended to be a touch behind what England announce in terms of age bands.

If you are aged 45-49 in England, the NHS website apparently already allows you to book your vaccine. Multiple friends booked appointments this evening for later this week.
How did you hear this ahead of today's announcement? Would be good to know how to be ahead of the rush when further waves are released.

They've just announced a pause in the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the US over blood clotting reports.

Over 6 cases. It’s so frustrating. This is just going to slow down the vaccination process and kill more people
Yeah, I do have to wonder about the wisdom of this. Unless their real fear is that clotting(or other) issues might arise in way more people down the line, which is a scary thought?

A German scientist explained it when AZ was paused there. It's inconvenient, but they have a legal duty to do this so that people can give their informed consent knowing the risk of side effects, however small.

I am assuming the US has similar laws.

Reactions: RJN
Yeah, I do have to wonder about the wisdom of this. Unless their real fear is that clotting(or other) issues might arise in way more people down the line, which is a scary thought?

true but then they should say that instead of raising more fear about the vaccines

How did you hear this ahead of today's announcement? Would be good to know how to be ahead of the rush when further waves are released.
I picked up some initial chat on Twitter at about 8pm and then texted a 46-year old to see if it works.

I’d been keeping an eye out, as the NHS page stated at the bottom (and in fact still does) that the next review date would be 15 April.

Reactions: D5K
I wonder why Moderna has had no issues yet, seeing as it’s developed with the exact same technology as AZ. Maybe not a big enough distribution yet to make headlines?

or maybe because it makes a profit for big pharma when AZ doesn’t :eyes:

You know I am entertaining the information being sent by anti-vaxxers that I come across on social media, but they're linking to a bunch of gobbledygook that only has maybe half a point. They're mixed up with so many links to irrelevant info, usually like when an article doesn't actually back up what is in a headline. Most of it is blogs and Facebook articles and I'm dumbfounded how otherwise intelligent people are falling for it.

The only good point they have all made is the history of these medical companies settling lawsuits, and how they are apparently exempt from any legal action as a result of side effects caused by a vaccine, which might even be just in US law.

Lockdown-esque until 9 May here. I've started looked at my private email address on a daily basis for the past two weeks since April was given as an estimated first vaxx date for me but I guess that's all been pushed back due to the AZ issues and several delivery shortages. I guess mid-May is more realistic now. Plus I also have to refresh some other vaccinations and there needs to be a two week gap between Covid jab and other jabs. :zombie:

they're announcing here today that the AZ vaccine is not returning

if they are going to apply the same cautionary approach to J&J down the line... well getting corona again to re-boost my immunity is probably the best strategy

they're announcing here today that the AZ vaccine is not returning

if they are going to apply the same cautionary approach to J&J down the line... well getting corona again to re-boost my immunity is probably the best strategy

I'm at a point where I'm thinking give AZ/J&J to men and Pfizer/Moderna to women. Numbers so far show that women are far more likely (and that's still a super small percentage) to experience vector vaccine side effects than men. I'm wondering if that's being taken into consideration - not that it would ever happen because could you imagine the outcry of "endangered men" worldwide?

(And yes, I know that's probably a knee-jerk reaction/thought but looking at our numbers in Germany, we can't afford any sort of vaccination slowdown)

I looked at this after Indie's post, 40-45 should go quickly but then we slow down for the 30s.

Well, if there's c. 4.5 million people between 45-49, then at the current rate of around 100k first vaccines a day, they'll move on to 40-44 by the start of June. :D

I'm sure it's only a blip though. 🥳

Lockdown-esque until 9 May here. I've started looked at my private email address on a daily basis for the past two weeks since April was given as an estimated first vaxx date for me but I guess that's all been pushed back due to the AZ issues and several delivery shortages. I guess mid-May is more realistic now. Plus I also have to refresh some other vaccinations and there needs to be a two week gap between Covid jab and other jabs. :zombie:

Vaccination Center: "Oh yeah, you can get your other jabs, you're in priority group 3, it's unlikely that you'll get covid vaccination before the end of May"

🙃🙃🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom