Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

• Yes, I am slightly concerned

• I am neither concerned or unconcerned

• No, I am slightly unconcerned

• No, I am totally unconcerned

• Barry Gardiner

• Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

• Phoenix

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

• Brian McCulloch Glasgow

• Tits out

• WINNER - Senhit feat. Flo Rida - Adrenalina

Results are only viewable after voting.

Soldi

Tout ou rien, cette fois
At the pub everyone has been following the rules mostly, even wearing a mask to use the toilet in the EMPTY pub even though it doesn’t make a LICK OF SENSE

RJN

User
I think the transition back to 'normal' is going to really reveal the big psychological toll the past year has taken on a lot of people. There'll be people going straight for the new relaxed rules as soon as they can, and other people continuing to be very cautious, and I can see there being friction between those two groups in public places.

This is pretty much how its been in Georgia since we reopened at the end of April last year. A lot of judgement going on in both directions

funky

User
The worst thing is that the government, in their typical populist decision making, are focusing now on how to make everyone get back to normal - no social distancing etc - without a care for the very large chunk of people who actually don’t want that yet

There should be guidelines in place so that people can still respect those who want to remain socially distanced and wear masks and whatever else, without fear of being ignored/victimised etc. Different sections of restaurants or bars or whatever. It won’t happen. Maybe individual places will be considerate and have their own rules. The government are unlikely to support it. Because that requires empathy and thoight leadership.

Cloud

Yiff Representative
In the UK the vulnerable groups are vaccinated and soon the rest of us will be, I hate to be on the minority side but like, we can't all be hiding from each other and terrified of our own shadows forever?! At some point you have to draw a line and say "it's safe now, come on out". I think June is a very reasonable time for that, and for all our governments faults I think they've actually handled the vaccination and exit strategy really well. Much better than last years unvaccinated "just open all the things"

Indie

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
I am very much in the "let's get back to normal" camp. We've already got 2/3rds of the adult population with one vaccine, it'll be >80% by the time June comes around. I don't see the sense in prolonging it. Yes, we might be more protected if we wait for more people to get two jabs and/or more people's immune systems to kick in, but there's no doubting we're in a pretty decent position.

I get people might have anxiety over it (I certainly have friends who've been locked away for a year for no particular underlying reason) and i am sympathetic to that. But for me let's get it all open please.

funky

User
I don’t think I’ll be scared to go out once I’m fully antibodies up. I’m mostly just conscious of the dickheads out there who are anti-vax anti-rules pro-conspiracy and just generally anti-educated who insist on not doing their part to aid the return to normal in a sensible fashion

you only have to look at the Old Trafford protests to understand the level of disinterest in the pandemic and the way we should be behaving

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
Having both jabs is the biggest weight off your shoulders, believe me. It will make the world of difference to your mindset when it happens.

Cloud

Yiff Representative
My dad has had his second now :). Mum this weekend I believe

As for me I'm 39 so god knows (especially as most of the supply seems to be AZ and I can't keep track of whether we're allowed it or not) it might be imminent since they're down to 40 now or it might not if there isn't enough Moderna or the like but the numbers are low enough and I'm "young" and healthy enough that I'm not terrified. It's mostly them I was scared for. I'd rather avoid it but under current conditions will settle for having my life back.

Soldi

Tout ou rien, cette fois
Apparently the latest daily figures are for the first time in probably over a year (?) showing 0 deaths :o

This comes after just one reported death yesterday, and whilst it’s probably down to the bank holiday LAG its still quite encouraging to see!

big ron

Nude inspector
Apparently the latest daily figures are for the first time in probably over a year (?) showing 0 deaths :o

This comes after just one reported death yesterday, and whilst it’s probably down to the bank holiday LAG its still quite encouraging to see!

As glad as that makes me watch Boris milk it.

Cloud

Yiff Representative
I'd rather not watch Boris "milking it"

Anyway, vaccine invite received and accepted, Saturday afternoon which is ideal as hopefully I can drown out the side effects with alcohol and then sleep for most of Sunday as normal... shall report into the vaccination lounge in due course...

Cloud

Yiff Representative
I think we'll get a 0 death day before too long though! 7 day rolling average deaths per day over the past few weeks has gone 26, 21, 13

So this weeks average should be like 6 or 7 at that rate. We've had a 1 and a 4 so there will be some "catching up" and then... maybe next week?

ZenGiraffe

Ramona's Friend #31
Who is it killing in the UK these days? Surely all the at-risk people are vaccinated by now?
Coronavirus has always killed a few people who are young and seemed otherwise healthy. Uptake won't be 100% either amongst vulnerable people, so no deaths at all will still be a bit off.

Pingu

Noot noot
Also Covid doesn’t need to be the cause of death for it to count in the government stats so I’m sure a fair few vulnerable people who are already unwell will test positive and die anyway. It’s always happened but will be much more relevant as the numbers get smaller.

Indie

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
I think we'll get a 0 death day before too long though! 7 day rolling average deaths per day over the past few weeks has gone 26, 21, 13

So this weeks average should be like 6 or 7 at that rate. We've had a 1 and a 4 so there will be some "catching up" and then... maybe next week?

27 new deaths yesterday.

Well, that's your trend fucked.

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
I did one of the lateral flow tests today too. Was just feeling really shit, similar to when I had Covid - I haven't actually left home in the last 10 days though, but you never know with the flat-mate popping out to the corner shop every day. Anyway, negative but they're not too bad.

Back of the throat is the most unpleasant but the nose thing just tickles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom