Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I don’t see the point in shops removing their protection screens. They should just be kept up as there’s no major benefit from removing them.

I did take a short bus ride yesterday and unfortunately I appeared to be the only person wearing a mask :(

About 2 months into our mask mandate being gone, I’d say about 50 percent of people wear masks in my grocery store, and 75 percent of people do on the bus.

in rural areas, it’s 0 percent, but it’s pretty much always been that way

The vaccine centre the by my flat now EMPTY with big posters advertising walk in appointments.

I'd say about 70% were wearing masks on the tube this morning, as opposed to about 80% previously, so not a huge drop-out on the central line. The ones not wearing masks tend to be the young people.

100% mask wearers in the CHI CHI M&S in Dulwich Village today.

I even had to stroll back home to pick mine up as I'd left it behind and didn't want to feel LEFT OUT

There's a chance that this Zoe person might have been onto something you know... the daily case numbers are starting to level off.

Although if there is a "Freedom Day" impact it won't be for another week or so.

ZOE doubled today but that's because they tweaked the algorithm. It's still probably iffy at this point due to the high number of vaccinated users

good stuff with the govt figures though, long May it continue!

We should be hearing about a Euro 2020 impact by now right? And we haven't yet sooo... 🤞🤞
The final was almost two weeks ago so the main impact would have been cases emerging last weekend.

The impact of restrictions changing should start to become apparent from tomorrow and the next few days after that.

Eurgh no side effects really but my arm is so sore and I keep waking up every hour when I accidentally move or roll onto it.

• Care
Reactions: COB
The fuck?

We know reinfection is possible now, especially with new variants and so on, but the numbers are still low enough in the grand scheme of things that this isn’t going to have too much of an impact in the overall trend in the data.

Last edited:
The number of people testing positive for Covid-19 has continued to fall in the UK, the latest daily figures show.
The UK recorded 29,173 new cases on Sunday - down from 48,161 logged a week earlier on 18 July.
The number of new infections by date reported has fallen for five days in a row for the first time since February.
It is also the first time since the start of the pandemic that a sustained drop in cases has not coincided with a national lockdown.
"The data at present is looking good for at least the summer," said Prof Paul Hunter from the University of East Anglia.
"Today's figures do not of course include any impact of last Monday's end of restrictions. It will not be until about next Friday before the data includes the impact of this change."

Reactions: GNL
Has anyone here had covid and got seriously ill with it? I know of 5 people who have passed away with it now and they were all over 80.

Has anyone here had covid and got seriously ill with it? I know of 5 people who have passed away with it now and they were all over 80.
Apart from flatmate who is seriously suffering with Long Covid, a friend’s brother also has the same. An acquaintance of my mum’s passed away early in 2020 and he was in his early 60s with no known health conditions.

I don’t know if anyone under 50 yet but know lots of people who had it and recovered. The person I know who had it worst was 31 and bedridden for 2 months, but no hospitalisation.

A friend of mine who is 26 and otherwise healthy was sick enough that one night he thought he might not be able to breathe and almost went to the hospital. He did recover fully

Can’t remember if I mentioned it here but I also know a chap in his 60s who despite being double vaxxed caught it recently, which is bad, but was absolutely fine, which is good.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine who is in her 30s was hospitalised with Covid for a month. She has since recovered, although is suffering from the drawn out effects of long Covid.

My boss (for the summer) got it a few weeks ago. Her baby was due in September but her condition got worse and worse over the week or two following and they did an emergency cesarean. Baby very premature but both he and mum doing well thankfully.

I know two guys (one a fit, waterpolo player) aged 41 and 43 who died from it or from complications exacerbated by Corona :( My uncle who is 62 also caught it and had to go into hospital for a week and was even given oxygen, but he's fortunately recovered since.

My dad’s cousin died from Covid, he was in his sixties and in good health. My mom’s aunt also died from Covid but she was in her nineties.

I don't know anyone who died of Covid, i don't know anyone with long covid, and i can count the number of verified people i know who've caught it on one finger (and he works in a hospital, so)

Before anyone says it, i do actually know people.

24,950 cases which is the sixth consecutive day with a drop. This trend with the peak number of cases almost perfectly matched up with the gatherings during Euros :kim:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom