Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
They’re vaccinating 12-15 yr olds at work now. I want my booster jab :evil:
I think it does seem to be an age thing, here at least. Just spoke to a colleague who is mid 40s and had her first two before me, and she hasn't heard anything. Another colleague the same age as me who had hers a few weeks after me has also been contacted to arrange hers.

I’m a bit worried about mine- I only got in early last time cause of my Mum and not sure whether they’ll use “date of first jabs” or whether I’ll get chucked back in the age group pot.

My friend who is 41 had her booster yesterday, but she is a GP
What difference would a GP being sick make? We all know they are sitting around in staff rooms laughing and eating biscuits, instead of seeing patients :side-eye:

Just watching some people turning up late and then getting pissy because people who arrived on time for later appointments are being done before them.

I don't care if you didn't know where the vaccination centre was. Google map it, you stupid wankers.

That took nearly an hour today, but then there were only two nurses and one volunteer who was clearly run ragged trying to check people in and monitor the queue. I guess there probably are fewer volunteers about now.

So we've had a tough week of it, both Kylie (4) and Dannii (2) have covid. They tested positive last week, I was a bit emotionally all over the place to talk about it. Kylie is completely asymptomatic but Dannii is very up and down with heavy cold symptoms, she has a fever again today.

It started with an email from nursery saying there was a case in Dannii's class. Government guidelines mean that anyone under 18 doesn't have to self isolate and so in theory everyone could carry on attending as normal. She was asymptomatic at that point and lateral flow was negative but I decided to keep her off and chose to get a PCR test. It came back positive.

Again Government guidelines say Kylie doesn't need to isolate due to age and myself and Mr Star don't need to because we're double vaxxed. We all did lateral flows and they were negative. We chose to go get PCR tested again off our own backs.
Wednesday morning 9am Kylie is due to start school, his first ever day, everything is ready for him and 7am I get our results, he's also positive. I was absolutely gutted.
Bosses say I have to continue going to work because Government guidelines say I can.

So a few things I've gathered through this:
- Lateral flow tests are sh*t
- The Government guidelines are sh*t. Had I listened to them I would have sent both kids in to their respective schools and god knows how much they would have spread it further
- The vaccine works. Dannii has been in my bed pretty much all week as she's struggling at night, she's pretty much been breathing covid in my face all this time but *touch wood* I am ok.

It's quite clear from everything I've heard from parents that the government are going for a herd immunity strategy in small children. Never mind who it hurts or kills along the way.

I hope Dannii is better soon and the rest of you stay OK! (which vaccine did you have? :o)

It's quite clear from everything I've heard from parents that the government are going for a herd immunity strategy in small children. Never mind who it hurts or kills along the way.

I hope Dannii is better soon and the rest of you stay OK! (which vaccine did you have? :o)

Thank you. We both had Pfizer!
It's just so exhausting on so many levels, and then trying to juggle work, Mr Star is ending up doing the bulk of the childcare because my work have said any time I have off is unpaid. But it breaks my heart leaving in the morning when she's clinging to me crying, telling me not to go :(

Seven hours on from the jab and I've got a sore arm and a minor headache, which I've had for a couple of hours and doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Fingers crossed it doesn't get worse than this.

Again Government guidelines say Kylie doesn't need to isolate due to age and myself and Mr Star don't need to because we're double vaxxed. We all did lateral flows and they were negative. We chose to go get PCR tested again off our own backs.
Wednesday morning 9am Kylie is due to start school, his first ever day, everything is ready for him and 7am I get our results, he's also positive. I was absolutely gutted.
Bosses say I have to continue going to work because Government guidelines say I can.

Wow, dire doesn't even begin to cover it. Hope they both test negative soon and Dannii gets better. :(

Poor @Star :(

Based on what you’re saying about the guideline (and yes they sound shit and it seems like you only get the extent of it when it affects you), I bet loads of irresponsible parents out into that situation would just send their kids to school anyway. Crazy but what do we expect when there’s no support?

Poor @Star :(

Based on what you’re saying about the guideline (and yes they sound shit and it seems like you only get the extent of it when it affects you), I bet loads of irresponsible parents out into that situation would just send their kids to school anyway. Crazy but what do we expect when there’s no support?

Absolutely so. Infact we know of a few who did such, they did the lateral flow and sent their kids in. Some didn't even do the lateral flow. It really was only doing the PCR test that stopped us in our tracks.
I really think it should be rules that if you're 'pinged' you should have to have a PCR test.

Wishing Danii a speedy recovery Star and lots of strength to you too. It will pass. I kept a day by day symptoms fever oxygen saturation diary when my bf had it bad and my understanding is that a few days after the first week things finally start to get better.

Just heard today that one of the young lads I was sat in a stuffy room with for 2 days on a training course Thu+Fri tested positive on Sat.

Negative lateral flow so far but fingers crossed that vaccine does a good job...

Also had flu jab today just to add to the confusion if any side effects come up!

So we've had a tough week of it, both Kylie (4) and Dannii (2) have covid. They tested positive last week, I was a bit emotionally all over the place to talk about it. Kylie is completely asymptomatic but Dannii is very up and down with heavy cold symptoms, she has a fever again today.

It started with an email from nursery saying there was a case in Dannii's class. Government guidelines mean that anyone under 18 doesn't have to self isolate and so in theory everyone could carry on attending as normal. She was asymptomatic at that point and lateral flow was negative but I decided to keep her off and chose to get a PCR test. It came back positive.

So a few things I've gathered through this:
- Lateral flow tests are sh*t
- The Government guidelines are sh*t. Had I listened to them I would have sent both kids in to their respective schools and god knows how much they would have spread it further
- The vaccine works. Dannii has been in my bed pretty much all week as she's struggling at night, she's pretty much been breathing covid in my face all this time but *touch wood* I am ok.

What an absolute horror show. :(

I hope the wee ones get well soon. x

Got muscle aches and that "think I have a slight temperature" feeling but those are top 2 "very common" flu jab side effects. Still negative on lateral flow

So the Scottish Vaccine Passport scheme starts today (though won't be enforced for two weeks) and the app that your meant to have your passport on doesn't work. It only launched last night and no one can find themselves on it. You also need to scan your passport or driver's licence as part of it.

It doesn't make sense to me why that's the SG approach. Ireland's app is as simple as scanning the QR code we all already have, so I'm just using that for now.

I expect the same when ours launches on October 22. They decided to design their own app :zombie: instead of using the one that Quebec has. It will inevitably be a big pile of poop similar to everything they try.

On the other hand it seems we’ve managed to flatten the curve and 80% of adults double vaccinated (with a mask mandate and limiting indoor activities).

Numbers in my neck of the woods keep soaring, 66% of the German population are fully vaccinated but only 52% in my district.

These dumb, stubborn mountain idiots. :zombie:

Wishing Kylie and Dannii all the best @Star

I went out for dinner last night and there was a family on the table next to us with a child who was constantly coughing. It didn’t bother us at all but the poor mother felt she had to explain that he has CF. Cannot imagine how hard it must be to try and live a normal life and do normal things right now for that family.

How are you feeling @Star?

A week between the kids getting it and you testing positive. The hidden incubation period of this thing is so bloody unhelpful!

How are you feeling @Star?

A week between the kids getting it and you testing positive. The hidden incubation period of this thing is so bloody unhelpful!

Not too bad thank you, chesty cough and fever but I can manage everything OK. Its been 3 weeks since the kids tested positive, I think it's just gone from one person to the next and I was the last one. This house has been in isolation almost a month!

So Mr Star had mild symptoms last week, his isolation finished on Thurs.

And today I've tested positive.

Just can't get a break from this sh*t!
Oh no. That's so shit.

I'm waiting for my PCR results. Although I've had three negative lateral flow tests, my symptoms this week have been suspicious.

Ha, I've had the text to say my original PCR negative was probably wrong, and to have another test. Bit pointless as I already did another test and my isolation ended last night!

Oh great, a good thing they didn't waste any time with that 🙃

The vaxx avoidant chap from the pub who was hospitalised over 2 months ago opened his eyes for the first time today so that's something. They're hoping to get him sat in a chair soon.

Still - wouldn't fancy going through all that. Get jabbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom