Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
It's the potential for false positives that makes this a particularly silly idea. They say that the false positive rate is about one in a thousand, which if each of England's 56 million people takes two tests a week means 110,000 false positives every week.

Yeah I would take one if I was seeing my parents (although they’ll most likely be fully vaccinated before I see them next) but I HATE the test otherwise and would only take it again if I had to.

I've been doing them for a while now because of work. Sometimes though I wake up feeling a bit groggy for whatever reason and I'll do it just for peace of mind. I think it might help a little bit, but yes overall I don't think it'll have a massive effect

I don’t fully understand why this is being introduced right now.

Well I do, it means in theory people can isolate if they didn’t otherwise know that they needed to.

But what it actually means in practice is that people will use negative tests as a reason to do things they otherwise aren’t allowed to do yet.

I get a test weekly (the quick one up the nose), just for routine's sake, you never know when my amazing body is not immune anymore

today's test served an altogether higher purpose though: I am getting my hair cut tomorrow, the feels :cry:

Yeah, the messaging around lateral flow tests really should be that there's no such thing as a negative result. The results are either "positive" or "not positive".

Zoos, libraries, gyms, retail and most importantly HAIRCUTS definitely allowed from the 12th April in England.

I just had a BBC breaking news alert about it so they're certainly trying to make out that this is new information. Given recent infection numbers it wasn't really in doubt though.

I see everyone in England is going to have access to two free lateral flow tests a week. But what's the motivation for the average person to take them? If they're feeling fine, and aren't seeing any vulnerable loved ones any time soon, there's no personal upside and only the risk of having to self-isolate. Without something like this being mandatory (which is unworkable) I can't see it having much effect.

I imagine a lot of businesses will get them in to encourage people back to the office

still no vaccine for me :( my immediate family have all had theirs now, which I’m happy about, but they’re going to start going out and about now which means the bubble is over, and I’m going to have to lay low. I’ve gone from worrying about passing it on to worrying about it being passed on to me :manson:

Good to see you confirming that the PM has confirmed what he has previously confirmed.
But he'll also be cautiously and yet irreversibly having a pint at the pub on 12 April!!!!!1!!!!!111!!!!!!!one!!!!BACKBORIS!!!!1!!!!

@Dark Carnival and @Loufoque time to run, they're coming for you...

BBC News - Covid: Paris police probe 'secret luxury dinner parties'

Undercover Video Of Clandestine Luxury Dinner In Paris Prompts Police Inquiry​

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

@Dark Carnival what do you have to say for your countrymen
Already mentioned

I do know of a certain A-List french actress, who went to a vaccination party hosted by an A-List shoe designer at his home....

I can’t believe that Isabelle Huppert would do something like that.

I can’t believe that Isabelle Huppert would do something like that.

chloe grace moretz greta movie GIF by Greta

I am getting very frustrated with the half assed measures they’re taking and the slow as fuck vaccination roll out. They finally shut down schools today and apparently they’re announcing a stay at home order tomorrow but not closing any warehouses or factories where the workers have no sick pay and where the majority of the outbreaks are.

And that fucking oaf has the gall to go on tv and tell people how disappointed he is because the malls were full. The malls that he decided to keep open. It’s just so aaarghhh.

I am getting very frustrated with the half assed measures they’re taking and the slow as fuck vaccination roll out. They finally shut down schools today and apparently they’re announcing a stay at home order tomorrow but not closing any warehouses or factories where the workers have no sick pay and where the majority of the outbreaks are.

And that fucking oaf has the gall to go on tv and tell people how disappointed he is because the malls were full. The malls that he decided to keep open. It’s just so aaarghhh.

I feel your pain Phoe! It’s the exact same situation here, half arsed measures that have been going on for so long and doing nothing to prevent things from going tits up again. Of course you can also add the slow vaccine roll out too.

You show me that and I raise you this absolute cunt we have as minister of education. A few weeks back, to justify keeping schools open he was arguing that that Covid incidence in schools was only 0.5%... also known as 500 for every 100 000 :eyes: and considerably higher than the average 400 we had in the regions with the highest incidence rates :manson:

What happened in the end with all those AZ vaccines they discovered in a freezer in Italy? It all went quiet :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom