Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Gyms and restaurants are back (again) here today so can’t wait to take a gym selfie and picture of my plate later to put all over my social platforms.

We are now jabbing 30-34 year olds so it’s moving along splendidly.

Reactions: COB
I'm genuinely wondering i have a mild form of long covid. Although i've never knowingly had corona, I seem to have some symptoms i've read online (i know, right).

I should just go to a doctor but that seems like a right faff at the moment.

And the other issue is there's no real definition of long covid, it seems to be affecting people in so many different ways that we're all still learning about it. So the GP can't even give you a definite answer.

That said if you have concerns you should always check in with the GP.

I'm genuinely wondering i have a mild form of long covid. Although i've never knowingly had corona, I seem to have some symptoms i've read online (i know, right).

If it’s playing on your mind, maybe pay for a mail-in antibody blood test. I think they cost about £50. It’ll be your only opportunity to do it before you’re vaccinated.

If it’s playing on your mind, maybe pay for a mail-in antibody blood test. I think they cost about £50. It’ll be your only opportunity to do it before you’re vaccinated.
Yeah I had been considering it. £50 seems a lot for an off chance.

this was me. What symptoms have you had? I’ve not been right for weeks and wondering if that’s the reason why I’ve had such a rough reaction to AZ

that said, since telling everyone (or more accurately my mum telling everyone) it seems the AZ reaction is more common than I thought. The official line is 1 in 10 but it seems like much more than that.

this was me. What symptoms have you had? I’ve not been right for weeks and wondering if that’s the reason why I’ve had such a rough reaction to AZ

that said, since telling everyone (or more accurately my mum telling everyone) it seems the AZ reaction is more common than I thought. The official line is 1 in 10 but it seems like much more than that.

Mostly my resting heart rate has shot up recently. I've had a fitbit for a number of years and gone through periods where it has been higher (either illness or booze related) but nothing like this. My heart rate on exercise is higher too. I've also been a bit more exhausted after exercise.

Mostly my resting heart rate has shot up recently. I've had a fitbit for a number of years and gone through periods where it has been higher (either illness or booze related) but nothing like this. My heart rate on exercise is higher too. I've also been a bit more exhausted after exercise.

that might also be anxiety?

exhausted after exercise is definitely a sign of post viral fatigue. I’ve had a bug earlier this year which gave me all the PVS symptoms, I’m just not sure it was covid. There’s another bug going around I’m sure of it because I’m hearing other people who’ve been floored by it and tested negative for covid. Either the tests really aren’t accurate enough or there’s another seasonal bug thriving that isn’t getting much attention because of covid

It turns out the pharmacy that vaccinated me have now been banned from doing my second injection because I was given an AZ dose when I was too young under the medical guidance. What a shitshow. Can someone cancel this country?

I'm trying to buy a small face mask as I find the surgical ones quite big on me. It's really hard though because you can't try before you buy and I seem to be wasting money trying to find something decent :square:

I'm trying to buy a small face mask as I find the surgical ones quite big on me. It's really hard though because you can't try before you buy and I seem to be wasting money trying to find something decent :square:
I've seen loads of children's ones about.

It turns out the pharmacy that vaccinated me have now been banned from doing my second injection because I was given an AZ dose when I was too young under the medical guidance. What a shitshow. Can someone cancel this country?
People who got the their first AZ jab before the under 55 ban are eligible to an mRNA (Pfizer/Moderna) second jab. So you should be able to book a rdv babes.

People who got the their first AZ jab before the under 55 ban are eligible to an mRNA (Pfizer/Moderna) second jab. So you should be able to book a rdv babes.
I booked another one on Doctolib, but I loved the amazing service from the pharmacy who basically told me I was not their problem. Although I'm not sure why I expected any better.

Milan yesterday celebrating football.

FB_IMG_1620042829111.jpg

Oh dear.

Had a little scare yesterday and almost went to get tested. Found that I could barely taste anything, and what I did taste was the normally tasteless tap water was bitter like it had a load of lemon juice in it

Perfectly normal a few hours later though. Just one of those random things.

Johnson & Johnson JANCELLED (local news remix)

they are however negotiating making AZ and J&J voluntary :eyes:

It’s really awful, isn’t it? I have been wanting things to get back to normal since this whole bloody thing started now I am kind of PETRIFIED.

It's not quite worry about catching COVID, but I'm certainly more anxious at the moment of leaving the house than I used to be. I've always occasionally got worried and double-checked I had stuff before I left the house, but it's certainly got worse recently - I dithered for ages before leaving the house before going back to the office for the first time just in case I'd forgotten something. I guess all of us are out of our usual routines, and there are going to be loads of things that used to be routine that we now find harder.

One metre rule might end. Fuck that.

I really feel like they're playing it that from June everything is back to normal. We're getting more and more people each day at work just not wearing masks and I've seen the same in the shops too.

At the pub everyone has been following the rules mostly, even wearing a mask to use the toilet in the EMPTY pub even though it doesn’t make a LICK OF SENSE

I think the transition back to 'normal' is going to really reveal the big psychological toll the past year has taken on a lot of people. There'll be people going straight for the new relaxed rules as soon as they can, and other people continuing to be very cautious, and I can see there being friction between those two groups in public places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom