Countries you really want to visit post-Covid

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
Is there any country or destination in particular that you're really itching to go to when it's possible to travel again?

The Bins, Hackney

1. Argentina
2. UK
3. Canada (I have a family wedding that has been postponed about 10 times now)

If I don't move abroad I'd like to do summer teaching somewhere, whether it's EFL teaching abroad or a charity. I've asked about teaching English for refugees in Greece this summer but it isn't looking likely.

I want to go back to to SE Asia but do Vietnam/Thailand/Laos this time. Myanmar would be cool if it wasn't no go.

I'd like to visit my friend in Aachen in Germany.

And I've always wanted to try NZ, to visit or to live for a while.

1. Valencia
2. The rest of Italy (I’ve only done Rome and Sardinia so far)
3. Middle East (Lebanon, Jordan, Israel + I’ve seen a few NPO Palestine tours)
4. The Balkans

If I don't move abroad I'd like to do summer teaching somewhere, whether it's EFL teaching abroad or a charity. I've asked about teaching English for refugees in Greece this summer but it isn't looking likely.

I want to go back to to SE Asia but do Vietnam/Thailand/Laos this time. Myanmar would be cool if it wasn't no go.

I'd like to visit my friend in Aachen in Germany.

And I've always wanted to try NZ, to visit or to live for a while.
Oh Aachen is very nice, particularly during the Christmas markets :beer:

I also want to do Birthright (free trip to Israel for any Jewish person), but I feel a bit weird about it, ethically

Well I want to resume my ABORTED Brazil trip that Covid cancelled, although it looks like that could be a LONG WAY AWAY.

I just want to get drunk at PUMP in Los Angeles.

PumpBest.jpg

I'd like to go on the Lisbon trip that we had to cancel last year, tentatively rebooked for October this year so fingers crossed. And also go back to Madrid again.

Reactions: RJN
TBH I will go wherever is open and I can go to and back without quarantine.

Japan is the top of my list. I loved studying it and I love reading about it.

UK for sure. I almost feel a sense of DUTY to visit it.

And definitely Israel and Egypt for faith-related reasons. I've been reading about them quite a bit too.

I'd love to visit the old country again of course, but I don't think that's going to be possible in my lifetime.

I'd love to visit the old country again of course, but I don't think that's going to be possible in my lifetime.

I know you're from New Zealand, but this wording makes it sounds like something else?

Oh yes sorry, my parents are actually Iraqi. But we moved to NZ in the mid 90s.

Actually, an American friend put it perfectly once. They said Iraq is like my biological parent who's in rehab right now. NZ is like my foster parent, who stepped in and and did the job. And America is my messy gay best friend who both parents warned me to stay away from. Lol.

I’m aching to do my aborted multi-city trip along the Rhine and Maas rivers (which I’ve kept adding new towns to during the pandemic).

Apart from that, really need to go back to Berlin, London, Paris and Rome. And do a proper trip to Tokyo.

If we’re talking about new far away places then I’d so want and love to go to Argentina; both Buenos Aires but also down to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego.

• Love
I need to rebook my trip to Georgia (The mafia controlled ex-Soviet territory. I know that doesn't narrow it down so I mean the one near to Russia).
I'm going back to Sweden ASAP.
I still hold out hope of Norway before the end of the year.

I had a holiday in Paris booked before lockdown, so that'll be rearranged at some point in 2028 when Macron finishes his vaccine rollout.

Albania was on the list before the whole came to a screeching halt. Ksamil first and foremost:

ksamil-9-shutterstock-1200-68.jpg

If we're talking places I want to go back to, I guess Lisbon, Berlin, London, New York are fairly high up on the list but more to visit friends and family rather than the travel aspect.

This thread made me do a little reading, and West Asia/Eurasia does seem rather underrated doesn't it? Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are some of the oldest civilizations ever.

Georgia and Kazakhstan have been on my list for a long time. I think I'm going to Georia during the winter time when it's possible to ski.

I just want to spend a big chunk of time in South East Asia again. I'm happiest there, I think.
You know I've never been to South East Asia - sacrilege, I know. I've seen much of the Middle East and I've been to Japan but not been anywhere in between.

I've not even been to India for fuck's sake! :evil:

You know I've never been to South East Asia - sacrilege, I know. I've seen much of the Middle East and I've been to Japan but not been anywhere in between.

I've not even been to India for fuck's sake! :evil:

I'd love to go to India, but can't get in, and tbh, with their government the way it is, I don't think I want to. Same with China, love it so much, but can't in good conscience return with what's going on in XinJiang

I'd love to go to India, but can't get in, and tbh, with their government the way it is, I don't think I want to. Same with China, love it so much, but can't in good conscience return with what's going on in XinJiang
Agreed.

I think countries like Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia are fairly 'okay' in that sense to visit.

I need Mongolia in my life too though to be honest.

Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom